WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice these new AQ4020-03A and AQ4020-03E models on a Crocodile leather.triple fold push type clasp.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,466 Posts
Kind of curious that they go black gator with the white dial, but brown with the black dial. Like...brown shoes with black suit. :)

Nice looking either way. Listed as 5 SPY, too, and web site's showing 10 year warranty. Price isn't bad, either, given the paper dial and titanium.

Hm. Not right now...but if the caliber 0100 doesn't appeal when it's released (price or appearance), this will have to be considered.

And yeah, AFAIK these are the first A060-based models on strap. There've been A010s before, but not A060s that I can recall.

·
Premium Member
9,466 Posts
Hypothetical for ya.

Say you wanted one of these; I daresay that's not much of a stretch for many of us. Now, say that there's 4 SKUs, not 2...both dials can be ordered with black or brown strap. Which would you pick...white with black strap, white with brown strap, black with black strap, black with brown strap?

OR, option 5: you don't care about the strap as you'll put it on something else anyway. Come to think, this is probably my vote, simply because Citizen, AFAIK, doesn't offer multiple strap lengths.

BUT, on the chance I'd want to keep it, I most likely would prefer black on black #1, then white on brown #2.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Nice looking either way. Listed as 5 SPY, too, and web site's showing 10 year warranty. Price isn't bad, either, given the paper dial and titanium.
It's been a while since I owned a The Citizen, but isn't the ten-year warranty applicable only to Japanese residents (or those who are willing to use certain, well-known Japanese intermediaries)? For those who live overseas, the deal is typically just one year of coverage.

I remember tracking the rate of mine very closely every day (whilst worn on the opposite wrist to my GS, bought at about the same time and being tested concurrently for the sake of the science) and once I had tracked it past 6 SPY, I sent it back - just within the warranty period.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It's been a while since I owned a The Citizen, but isn't the ten-year warranty applicable only to Japanese residents (or those who are willing to use certain, well-known Japanese intermediaries)? For those who live overseas, the deal is typically just one year of coverage.

I remember tracking the rate of mine very closely every day (whilst worn on the opposite wrist to my GS, bought at about the same time and being tested concurrently for the sake of the science) and once I had tracked it past 6 SPY, I sent it back - just within the warranty period.
I just ordered the black dial model highlighted by the OP (only plus a titanium bracelet) from Higuchi & yes, to take advantage of the full 10-year warranty I know I can send it to Higuchi as my intermediary. I don't see that as a major problem since it's not much more trouble sending something to Japan than to 1 of Citizen USA's service centers (& I think there's a significant probability that they would have to forward a JDM model to Japan anyway).

I'm uncertain as to whether I would be able to double-dip & use a US service center for the 1st year & still be able to send it back to Japan for another 9 years. I've also read that the Citizen USA service centers will honor the Japanese 10-year warranty for JDM models, but haven't confirmed that with Citizen USA.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hypothetical for ya.

Say you wanted one of these; I daresay that's not much of a stretch for many of us. Now, say that there's 4 SKUs, not 2...both dials can be ordered with black or brown strap. Which would you pick...white with black strap, white with brown strap, black with black strap, black with brown strap?

OR, option 5: you don't care about the strap as you'll put it on something else anyway. Come to think, this is probably my vote, simply because Citizen, AFAIK, doesn't offer multiple strap lengths.

BUT, on the chance I'd want to keep it, I most likely would prefer black on black #1, then white on brown #2.
Non-hypothetically, I went w/your option 5 & ordered the AQ4020-03E w/an additional titanium bracelet. I already have plenty of leather straps, anyway!

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
A black dial & brown strap is a strange combination. :think: Personally speaking, I'm not understanding that mix.
Loving the white dial and black strap, though. :-!

·
Registered
886 Posts
A black dial & brown strap is a strange combination. :think: Personally speaking, I'm not understanding that mix.
Loving the white dial and black strap, though. :-!
I have the same feelings.

On top of that, I have to say I don't like the crown guards which, on such a dressy watch, gives a touch of "sport" that, in my very personal opinion, is completely misplaced...

·
Premium Member
9,466 Posts
Yeah, the guards are a minor strike as well. Wouldn't stop me tho.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I just ordered the black dial model highlighted by the OP (only plus a titanium bracelet) from Higuchi & yes, to take advantage of the full 10-year warranty I know I can send it to Higuchi as my intermediary. I don't see that as a major problem since it's not much more trouble sending something to Japan than to 1 of Citizen USA's service centers (& I think there's a significant probability that they would have to forward a JDM model to Japan anyway).

I'm uncertain as to whether I would be able to double-dip & use a US service center for the 1st year & still be able to send it back to Japan for another 9 years. I've also read that the Citizen USA service centers will honor the Japanese 10-year warranty for JDM models, but haven't confirmed that with Citizen USA.
Update: According to Citizen USA, U.S. service centers will only honor the 1-year international warranty on a JDM model. After that, I can send it to Japan for the next 9 years through my Japanese dealer (most convenient) or directly if I register the watch on the Japanese web site (iffy since I don't read/write Japanese & Google Translate has its limits).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts