WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just got my first Citizen Ecodrive watch today, a JDM Nighthawk with a rubber strap. I love the watch, but the seconds hand is slight out of alignment, is this normal? When I adjust the time the hand jumps to the correct position and then goes out when I start the watch again which is weird. :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you mean during it's movement it does not line up exact with the marker??? If so the only thing one can do to my knowledge is have a authorized repair center adjust it. Unless you feel very confident in doing yourself and know how to perform such a task. But as far as keeping time................should not make a difference.

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
This is common even on the most expensive watches.

Sometimes it can be improved by removing the seconds hand and installing closer to the index mark. This is not a do it yourself job.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Coincidently I recently received a Nighthawk as well. I was puzzled by the fact that the seconds hand was moving in two second increments and was not striking the markers. After full exposure to bright sunlight for several hours the problem seems to have resolved itself nicely.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coincidently I recently received a Nighthawk as well. I was puzzled by the fact that the seconds hand was moving in two second increments and was not striking the markers. After full exposure to bright sunlight for several hours the problem seems to have resolved itself nicely.
I'm starting to see this too! :)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
It's a standard feature of all eco drives.

When the battery is low on power the 2nd hand jumps at 2 sec intervals to indicate the low power.

Leave it for a few hours on the window sill in bright sunlight (of a few days if it's cloudy) and the battery will get plenty of charge... enough to last for a fair few months.
When fully charged the 2nd hand will move each second as normal.

As for the 2nd hand not lining up with the markers all the way around the dial, this is fairly normal on most quartz watches.
Some line up, some don't, some do part way round, etc...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I too have a brand new Nighthawk and the second hand does not line up perfectly with a couple of the markers. Not a problem, I can live with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts