WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
770.000 yen
This is around $7300, which is pretty much MSRP of the titanium version. I was expecting more reasonable pricing for steel version...

Reactions: tomchicago

·
Registered
236 Posts
That blue dial is gorgeous
Yes, I agree.

I looked at this link :-
Its in Japanese, but the 'google translate' is very good & there is quite a lot of information.

They talk about a 10-year warranty and belonging to 'Citizen owners club.
(from the link, edited by me)
"Citizen Owner's Club" is only open to customers who purchase "Eco-Drive One", "The Citizen", "Campanora", and "Citizen Series Eight".
Members receive 'first class' after-sales service on the members-only telephone "Citizen Owners Desk" and the members-only website "Citizen Owners Site".
Sounds like a good idea !

·
Registered
519 Posts
39mm and a 5 piece bracelet makes it a different watch than the previous, and I´m not sure to the better. I think I need to see more of it before I can take a stand :unsure:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The dial looks quite nice, but I still prefer the size and titanium of the original. I have a feeling Citizen will keep the price high on the 0100 models for a decent while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
A shame about the high price, but not unexpected. Anyone going for one?
I am very tempted. I like the size and the style and, of course, the tech. I am put off by the price but I have already started thinking about which watches I could part with in order to make room for one of these. Anyone want a 4 MHz watch or two?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shame about the price and no 100m water resistance. Like the stainless steel with Duratect and that blue dial with glass powder.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
A shame about the high price, but not unexpected. Anyone going for one?
I like it (dial color & minimalist design without date), but disappointed that they have changed to a solid case back.
Also, does anybody know how a UK customer goes about buying one ?

Reactions: Shark-sandwich

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Pricing is way too high and I won't touch it anywhere close. This should be a $3-4k USD watch max if Citizen want to recoup development costs on the 0100 and remain competitive.

This is around $7300, which is pretty much MSRP of the titanium version. I was expecting more reasonable pricing for steel version...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pricing is way too high and I won't touch it anywhere close. This should be a $3-4k USD watch max if Citizen want to recoup development costs on the 0100 and remain competitive.
Agree. I would never buy my one for the MSRP, but for lucky enough to get one second hand for around $4k.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That blue dial is something else, looks like a starry night. Don't like the silver eagle phoenix thing on the dial it's a bit jarring (is the C for Citizen or Chronomaster?) - don't mind the case back.

I thought the best detail from the white gold version is the faceted indices and hands that looked like AT-cut crystals instead of standard Dauphine hands. Wish they had introduced that to the non-LE versions

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
. . . Don't like the silver eagle phoenix thing on the dial it's a bit jarring (is the C for Citizen or Chronomaster?) - don't mind the case back.

. . .
There used to be a section of the web site that explained the eagle (translated by Google): "In the 1960s, there was a movement developed by integrating Citizen's technical capabilities. It is a mechanical wristwatch that Citizen first passed 'Swiss chronometer excellent class'. The model equipped with that movement was named "Citizen Chrono Master" and was named to the world as a high precision watch of a mechanical wrist watch. And the 'Eagle Mark' widely spreading feathers as a symbol of confidence and pride for Citizen's watch making was engraved. Only The CITIZEN is allowed to embrace Eagle Mark now. The letters of Eagle Mark and Chronomaster are proofs of pursuing high precision by enthusiasm as in those days, a symbol of self-confidence and pride."

·
Registered
89 Posts
There used to be a section of the web site that explained the eagle (translated by Google): "In the 1960s, there was a movement developed by integrating Citizen's technical capabilities. It is a mechanical wristwatch that Citizen first passed 'Swiss chronometer excellent class'. The model equipped with that movement was named "Citizen Chrono Master" and was named to the world as a high precision watch of a mechanical wrist watch. And the 'Eagle Mark' widely spreading feathers as a symbol of confidence and pride for Citizen's watch making was engraved. Only The CITIZEN is allowed to embrace Eagle Mark now. The letters of Eagle Mark and Chronomaster are proofs of pursuing high precision by enthusiasm as in those days, a symbol of self-confidence and pride."
I appreciate the insight here. While I'm a long time Seiko nut, just in the past couple of months have started to explore Citzen, and all I can think of when I see the eagle mark is Third Reich. It's a bit off putting. I'll try to re-frame it as "confidence and pride" ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I appreciate the insight here. While I'm a long time Seiko nut, just in the past couple of months have started to explore Citzen, and all I can think of when I see the eagle mark is Third Reich. It's a bit off putting. I'll try to re-frame it as "confidence and pride" ;)
As eagles go, I think it's pretty non-aggressive in appearance. IIRC from previous threads, someone thought it was a chicken. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
Note that 770K is the price in Japan with tax; it's 700K without. Still coming out around $6700 tho. It should be possible to get one for...maybe $6k with some searching. I was hoping for $5500 or so; this might have to wait for the strap model, or at least a simpler bracelet.

I think the biggest problem I have is, that bracelet's still a big part of the cost. And this one's in steel, so it will be heavy. Take it off and put it aside for a strap...fine, but that's several hundred dollars you're just setting aside. Especially given that this is a 5-link bracelet.

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
Oh, one other aspect on the price. For us American buyers, we're also getting hit because the exchange rate isn't very good right now. It's about .0095. It'd been .0088 to .009; 700K would then be 6200-6300 US. The black dial is showing as 800K w/o tax.

I'm getting my bronze Dekla Friday, hopefully...hasn't cleared customs so you can never be too sure of an arrival date. But, that was from Germany...and I had to wince a bit at the euro exchange rate. It was also high. This isn't the best year to buy imports, and unfortunately that seems likely to remain the case for at least the next several months.

·
Registered
89 Posts
As eagles go, I think it's pretty non-aggressive in appearance. IIRC from previous threads, someone thought it was a chicken. :giggle:
LOL!!! That's fantastic. I'll take chicken. Far more palatable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts