WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, shortly after I got the 1000-1A9 Mudmaster, I ordered the black strap from the 1000-1AJF version from pacparts. Kind of like when I ordered a replacement strap for my GPW-1000RAF, it took forever....and ever. I called about it in mid-December, and they told me it was on backorder. (duh!) Said it would take another 6-8 weeks.... Well I was going to give it another week or so from now, and then cancel the order. But lo and behold, only a little over 4 months after placing my original order, it arrived!!

I like the all-black look, which will be a little more versatile than when the watch is on the yellow strap. The new black strap feels great right out of the package. :-! And now this watch looks and feels like a piece of tactical gear! (not that I'm into tactics, anymore! hehe)
I must admit though, I'm still eyeing the 1000-1A3 version... ;-) I like its differently accented dial, and the green strap. And I don't feel like waiting another 4 months for a green strap! :rodekaart I have some Amazon gift cards coming soon, soooooo......the 1A3 might be next in my sights! LOL

Here's the new Muddie:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Looks great! I think this might qualify as the first documented Mudmaster mod on F17. I applaud your patience. I've been keeping an eye on Pacparts to see if they will ever carry parts for the gold model. For some reason it has a green sensor cover and I would like to pick one up to swap out with the red cover on my green Muddie. Though I don't know if I will have the nerve to be the first one to disassemble the bezel. Then again you guys know I can't just leave stuff alone.

Anyhow, great job, I'm really diggin results. And you still can switch it to yellow anytime the need arises. I'll go ahead and congratulate you on the green one now, because from your comments (and being a fellow shockaholic) I'm pretty sure its a done deal. ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! I think this might qualify as the first documented Mudmaster mod on F17. I applaud your patience. I've been keeping an eye on Pacparts to see if they will ever carry parts for the gold model. For some reason it has a green sensor cover and I would like to pick one up to swap out with the red cover on my green Muddie. Though I don't know if I will have the nerve to be the first one to disassemble the bezel. Then again you guys know I can't just leave stuff alone.

Anyhow, great job, I'm really diggin results. And you still can switch it to yellow anytime the need arises. I'll go ahead and congratulate you on the green one now, because from your comments (and being a fellow shockaholic) I'm pretty sure its a done deal. ;-)
hahaha The congratulations on the green is a little premature...but probably not by much! :-d If this qualifies as a "mod," I'll take it -- because I almost never 'mod' any other G I own! But certainly it cannot compare to the "real" mods you've done K&L - I'm thinking of the Frog mods you've done especially. :-! That actually takes talent. Anyone can change a strap! :-d

Oh, and BTW K&L, when I changed the strap on this Mudmaster, I remembered the original strap disassembly and pics you posted in one of the original Mudmaster threads. I didn't even have to look up the post, but I remembered that little "friction pin" if that's what it's called, but thankfully that was very very easy to remove and put back.

Thanks guys! (oh, and if, or more like WHEN, the green one arrives, I'll post some more pics here)

·
Registered
28,192 Posts
You have chosen my favourite Mudmaster :) Simply love the yellow/ black combo but well done Time4Playnow. Looks very neat, slick and nicely balanced. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more variations :) Great job

Sent from my iPhone 6+

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have chosen my favourite Mudmaster :) Simply love the yellow/ black combo but well done Time4Playnow. Looks very neat, slick and nicely balanced. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more variations :) Great job

Sent from my iPhone 6+
Thanks DSD, much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Deepsea_dweller

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I think a big watch requires different colors to reduce the weight sensation, I'm waiting the black one, but maybe the green band is the best mix, the yellow remember the Caterpillar brand, excessive for me... I find my Gold edition exaggerated with gold inner bezel... or less shining

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very nice! |> essentially have two watches now :D
cant believe how much locals take pacparts for granted and squander the chance to do more of these remixes. i'd be building customs left and right!
Thanks! Yeah you're right, this means I don't have to buy the black version of the Mudmaster... ;-)

It is nice to have pacparts as an option. But for some parts like the black strap I got it does take a ridiculous amount of time to get them. (4 months - really??! I'm not that patient!) And although I've looked a few times for parts for some of the more limited Rangeman versions (the Green Sea and Earth, etc.), it didn't appear that they were available - or maybe I just didn't check often enough. In any case -- that was one of the reasons (as you know) why I ended up getting TWO of the Burton 'Blizzard' Rangemen! :-!

Reactions: Tetsu Tekubi

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like that a lot!!!

If you ever part with it I have first dibs!!

I seriously need to add one of these to my stable.
Glad you like it brvheart, only one problem... My black/yellow Mudmaster is long gone!! :rodekaart Yep, it's true. One of the victims of my collection "downsizing." I will say it sold very very quickly -- only outdone by my sale of the GWN-1000C. ;-)

But, I do have the green Mudmaster - and I highly recommend it. I also still have the black strap, and one day will put that on the green version & see how it looks...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Glad you like it brvheart, only one problem... My black/yellow Mudmaster is long gone!! :rodekaart Yep, it's true. One of the victims of my collection "downsizing." I will say it sold very very quickly -- only outdone by my sale of the GWN-1000C. ;-)

But, I do have the green Mudmaster - and I highly recommend it. I also still have the black strap, and one day will put that on the green version & see how it looks...
I am trying to figure out which flavor I want - there is an issue - I kinda like 4 of them - Black with green strap, Black with Yellow strap, Rescue (black with red strap blue IP coatings) and the solid black with what looks like cream/yellow writing.

If I could figure out which one I would prefer to add to the collection and admire the rest from afar - I would probably pull the trigger...I think I like the solid black with creme writing - but want to see it in person. I did look at the black with green in person and really liked that one as well.

I am walking in circles...

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have the GWG-1000RD and while I love how the RED pops. I'm considering ordering a set of black straps for when I want to go a bit more stealth. Thanks for the inspiration.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just ordered mine from shoppinginjapan... Rescue red... I think that would look best in black strap... Where u guys get the strap from and how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just ordered mine from shoppinginjapan... Rescue red... I think that would look best in black strap... Where u guys get the strap from and how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got it from pacparts, I think it was around $70-75. But it took a really LONG time to get -- like 4 months!! Good luck.

Reactions: brvheart
1 - 20 of 32 Posts