WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I came across this article on G-Central

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-frogman-gwf-d1000b-1ltd-35th-anniversary-collectors-set-with-diving-knife-europe/

OMG! Be still my beating heart!

A 35th anniversary Depth Metre Frogman... without gold accents (don't blame anyone, just not for me) and with a GShock branded diver's knife...

HOT DAMN!

But yeah... as with all Frogman models, this looks like it's going to be very expensive, SPECIALLY that it is limited to 350 pieces!

Yeesh... I almost don't want to know how much it'll cost!

·
Premium Member
8,463 Posts
Wow, pretty cool!! :-! Yeah, you can bet it will be insanely expensive. And with only 350 pcs, very very hard to get one at all...

That knife looks cool as well. The Frog doesn't appear to be too different from the GWF-D1000B model. But anyway, I'll just admire this one from photos. ;-)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Frog doesn't appear to be too different from the GWF-D1000B model.
Yeah, I actually prefer the "subtle" nod this has to the 35th anniversary (with just the tab on the band). Wonder if it's got the 35th Anniversary caseback carving as well

But anyway, I'll just admire this one from photos.
You & me both mate :) The forgman is expensive enough already, no idea what a limited & 35th anniversary collector's edition will be like, but I can't imagine it being easy on the wallet :)

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
That knife would come in handy as a paperweight. A very expensive paperweight. :-d

Reactions: Tetsu Tekubi

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Well.. there you go.
I have a Squale INOX dive knife that looks like that. Nothing to do with Squale watches though.

·
Registered
29,062 Posts
New Collector's (& Limited) Edition Forgman with Diving Knife

Wow, pretty cool!! :-! Yeah, you can bet it will be insanely expensive. And with only 350 pcs, very very hard to get one at all...

That knife looks cool as well. The Frog doesn't appear to be too different from the GWF-D1000B model. But anyway, I'll just admire this one from photos. ;-)
click saver

so basically the watch is just a print on the band and a keeper, the specialness is everything else. bit like that gwg with the multitool, very cool but no way worth the price or effort tracking one down! lol

Really anticipating my 8th D-1000 Froggy but I'm with you guys .. Haven't seen the backplate yet, but if no real different and/ or no numbered case back (like e.g. my GWFT-1030e 30th Anniversary) then what's the fuss Good marketing & packaging though ... Definitely not for me - especially since there's a big one ( for me ) in the pipeline end of this year Let's see if one of our European F17 members will be getting one. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry if this is getting tiresome cos I keep saying this. But if Casio can't be bothered making replacement resin available for the D1000 models then I won't be buying any more of them.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
It is already available for pre-order at some EU webshops for EUR799, or GBP800 (ain't that swell...). I like the package, but doubt that it'll be really available at that price. I've asked some of that shops to notify me, who knows...

·
Registered
29,062 Posts
It is already available for pre-order at some EU webshops for EUR799, or GBP800 (ain't that swell...). I like the package, but doubt that it'll be really available at that price. I've asked some of that shops to notify me, who knows...
Price would be reasonable indeed Way below the JCG Froggy and almost half the price of the Love The Sea And the Earth Froggy ( when I got them right after the official release date ) Let's see ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Will definitely look into the possibility of sourcing one of these. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is already available for pre-order at some EU webshops for EUR799, or GBP800 (ain't that swell...)
Oh! That is quite reasonable indeed! I've been thinking about grabbing a frogman to replace my GW-9110 as the water watch for a while...

However, has anyone seen the promotional video? I think it pretty much describes what the misses would do if she found out I bought it; grab the knife and jump in there after me trying to stab me :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Firmament has a waiting list for the combo. I was able to buy the Kolor GShock from them so its worth a try if you want the froggie and knife.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Wondering if this is a violation of the weapon policy or is there an exemption for G-shock branded cutlery.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

1 - 20 of 48 Posts