WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got my first suunto (black and orange core) and i was checking everything out and it looks like they come with the updated software that some of the members on here got after sending it in for technical service. from research i have done it looks like the original batch had sf v 1.0.0, mine new one came with 1.0.3.....maybe suunto found the problem????

·
Registered
127 Posts
I spoke with a Suunto rep yesterday about the new version. She was not aware of anything off hand, so she read her release notes on the new version....which said it was to fix problems with the stopwatch and to fix the issue of no up and down arrows in certain modes.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I spoke with a Suunto rep yesterday about the new version. She was not aware of anything off hand, so she read her release notes on the new version....which said it was to fix problems with the stopwatch and to fix the issue of no up and down arrows in certain modes.
Great...two other issues to contend with. Hopefully I won't have to.

BTW: I have 1.0.1, 3A, and still no problems after 3 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recieved my core on friday..(gotta love only $5 overnight from suuntowatches)...anyway, its version 1.0.3 too....:-!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recieved my core on friday..(gotta love only $5 overnight from suuntowatches)...anyway, its version 1.0.3 too....:-!

yep, also gotta be pretty happy with their free 2 day delivery lol! i love mine

i still cant get over the storm alarm

·
Banned
395 Posts
I recently received the Light Black and Orange/Black, about a week ago and love them. However, the screens are a bit hard to see, the light black is OK due to it's lighter screen but the orange/black is a bit hard to see, particularly at night.

Any comments on this? I am still trying to figure out how to use the Altimeter/barometer. I have both watches in Automatic, and the storm alarm is on, but I am unclear about what to expect. And I rotated for the compass..Are you supposed to point it in a certain direction or just hold it level?:thanks

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I recently received the Light Black and Orange/Black, about a week ago and love them. However, the screens are a bit hard to see, the light black is OK due to it's lighter screen but the orange/black is a bit hard to see, particularly at night.
I take it you've tried this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Any comments on this? I am still trying to figure out how to use the Altimeter/barometer. I have both watches in Automatic, and the storm alarm is on, but I am unclear about what to expect. And I rotated for the compass..Are you supposed to point it in a certain direction or just hold it level?:thanks
altimeter, you have to set your reference. find it out thru google earth.

as far as the barometer you can get the numbers from your local weather update.

the storm warning will only work in barometer mode! its amazing how it works. everytime it goes off sure enough 20 to 30 minutes later, RAIN! lol when it goes off there is a tone with the words "storm alarm" across the screen

the compass you simply hold the compass level and spin in circles. careful where you do it tho because you might look a little weird doing it. my gf got mad and me because i calibrated mine in a doctors office with her and i guess it embarrassed her! shes such a dork

and as far as the display, i guess it just takes a little getting used to, but you can adjust the contrast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts