WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
😃I will follow this thread LIKE a hawk......thanks for posting.

(There is something wrong with the forum/site if you want to use the emails it takes really long for the box to open and then the whole thing is stuck???? Can only exit/close the site and open it back up again??)

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you want to use the Emoji's!!! damn spelling control!!
Also about the Watch......probably a kickstarter deal again??

·
Premium Member
32,391 Posts
Yes, please post pictures when you get it.

Great choice.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I also love crepes, but I would particularly like a cool Crepas watch... such a great logo.

Unfortunately usually they only make HUGE watches that I could strap to my leg. :(

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I also love crepes, but I would particularly like a cool Crepas watch... such a great logo.

Unfortunately usually they only make HUGE watches that I could strap to my leg. :(
Don't you think that is a bit of an exaggeration?

I mean, crepas makes dive watches....
Every one of their last 6 offerings have fallen into the 42-44mm range. Pretty standard diver watch sizing if you ask me.

If you can comfortably fit a 42-44mm watch to your leg, your wrist must be < 4" dia. I'm guessing that if you do have that small a wrist nothing that would fit the rest of us will ever make you happy.

I don't get what you are trying to accomplish by making this sort of comment.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
(....)
Every one of their last 6 offerings have fallen into the 42-44mm range.
(...)
yes clearly

if they could find their way to 40-42 with an L2L under 50 they would sell in larger numbers? Or at least to a different set of buyers?

dive watches were not always huge, I have a Caravelle devil diver that speaks to that. I have almost 20 other divers ... from other brands. My wrist is 6 and max L2L is about 50 depending on the case profile

Eg. Raven watches make a range of sized watches... sometimes it’s the big guys (Deep Tech) sometimes it’s the smaller crowd (Trekker).

I’m encouraging Crepas to think about making smaller watches, once in a while... I really want a little smaller Cayman

but don’t worry it’s not going to happen!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes clearly

if they could find their way to 40-42 with an L2L under 50 they would sell in larger numbers? Or at least to a different set of buyers?

dive watches were not always huge, I have a Caravelle devil diver that speaks to that. I have almost 20 other divers ... from other brands. My wrist is 6 and max L2L is about 50 depending on the case profile

Eg. Raven watches make a range of sized watches... sometimes it’s the big guys (Deep Tech) sometimes it’s the smaller crowd (Trekker).

I’m encouraging Crepas to think about making smaller watches, once in a while... I really want a little smaller Cayman

but don’t worry it’s not going to happen!
But the Cayman is not the big isn’t?

I’m looking at omegas prototypes and the F300 has one bezel that is almost like the one in the teaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
But the Cayman is not the big isn’t?

I’m looking at omegas prototypes and the F300 has one bezel that is almost like the one in the teaser.

Cayman is not small and I think wears large

• Diameter of the bezel: 44,50mm
  • Diameter of the case: 43,00mm

• Thickness without crystal: 16,90mm
  • Thickness of the crystal: 4,60mm

- Length: 50,50mm

- Space between lugs: 22mm

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

I mean, crepas makes dive watches....
Every one of their last 6 offerings have fallen into the 42-44mm range. Pretty standard diver watch sizing if you ask me.

If you can comfortably fit a 42-44mm watch to your leg, your wrist must be < 4" dia. I'm guessing that if you do have that small a wrist nothing that would fit the rest of us will ever make you happy.

Dude, did you really go full Karen over this?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The Crepas Megamatic 1200M is 55mm
Uhm, the Crepas website says the length is

- Length: 46,50mm

So are you sure about that 55mm figure?

because... "asking for a friend" who just bought one inbound lol

cheers

OH yeah must mean width... I can live with that.

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
Yup is form the same time of the Megamatic. But check this out, in another forum the users gave us 2 possible watches that can be the homage of this CREPAS X

Ohhhhh man, If your speculation is a possibility for either of these watches...... Then I am so interested. I have always wanted to add one of these vitage pieces to my collection. We will have to wait and see what Crepas comes up with. :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts