WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soldat-W-WS_Web.jpg
Hi there,

I like to announce the birth of the new one handed Defakto Detail. It has an ultra flat 6,6mm stainless steel case with a diameter of 40mm. The indexes show time scaled down to 5 minute steps. While having the same line weight their length doubles according the different time units (5min, 1/4h, Full hour). The movement is a swiss made Ronda 715 Quartz.

Specs:

. 40MM STAINLESS STEEL CASE, HEIGTH 6,6MM
. SWISS MADE QUARTZ MOVEMENT RONDA 715
. ERGONOMIC CLASP WITH LOGO
. SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL WITH INSIDE A/R COATING
. SOLID SCREW DOWN CASE BACK
. SOFT CALFSKIN BAND
. 50M WATER RESISTANT

PRICE: 280 €

Looking forward to receive your comments :)

Best regards
Raphael

Defakto Watches
---------------------------

More Information at: www.defakto-uhren.de or www.facebook.com/DEFAKTO.WATCHES

·
Registered
871 Posts
Nice clean dial! But the quartz makes a comparison with Botta Design unavoidable. No offense intended, but not sure what I would prefer in the end.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I appreciate the improved resolution over the prior Defakto. I appreciate quartz, which I always prefer. I appreciate lugs compared the the Botta Uno lugless design. That's because I've found the lugless watches rotate around my wrist. But I would prefer to see some numbers - perhaps 3-6-9-12 would suffice and distinguish from the Botta Uno which has numerals every hour.

I think a slightly larger case (42mm) would help to distinguish from Botta Uno and Luch.

Finally, I'd like to offer an entirely new concept, which would render one-hand watches readable to one minute. That would be to have a vernier scale with several stripes printed at the (broad) end of the single hand. By lining up the stripes (like a vernier caliper) one could read time to the minute.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I attach some drawings of a vernier hand on a single-hand watch. First an enlarged watch:

WATCH-FACE.jpg

Next a closeup of the hand:

WATCH-FACE-CLOSEUP.jpg

Only the stripes on the hand are shown, but the structure would be flag-shaped with four vernier stripes.

I've shown it at 12 minutes past noon. Each small mark on the dial is five minutes as in the new Defakto and many other single-hand watches. The main hand is past the second small dial mark indicating it's beyond ten minutes. The second mark on the vernier lines up with the dial - indicating two more minutes.

Perhaps this is worthwhile for a wall clock. But it's probably rather small for a wristwatch. Here's a smaller pic, a bit closer to wristwatch scale.

WATCH-FACE-WHITE-SMALL.jpg

·
Registered
607 Posts
I received a Luch one-hand watch in the mail today. Looking at the watch, I don't believe the vernier hand will be big enough as you suggest. I agree that it would be appropriate for a wall clock.

I attach some drawings of a vernier hand on a single-hand watch. First an enlarged watch:

View attachment 770465

Next a closeup of the hand:

View attachment 770466

Only the stripes on the hand are shown, but the structure would be flag-shaped with four vernier stripes.

I've shown it at 12 minutes past noon. Each small mark on the dial is five minutes as in the new Defakto and many other single-hand watches. The main hand is past the second small dial mark indicating it's beyond ten minutes. The second mark on the vernier lines up with the dial - indicating two more minutes.

Perhaps this is worthwhile for a wall clock. But it's probably rather small for a wristwatch. Here's a smaller pic, a bit closer to wristwatch scale.

View attachment 770467

1 - 7 of 7 Posts