WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Oris fan here, I have a couple including an Aquis. My initial thoughts...

I like the case, bezel, and bracelet......the hands are off-putting to me. The hour hand appears stubby, and the length of the minute hand does not make sense. It may be the angles, but it does appear to reach *just too* the markers or to the far end of the markers. Also, the length/thickness difference in the hands make it look clunky.

It may be the angles, and it may grow on me. Initial thoughts are not exciting though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Regrettably I prefer the older model as well. The minute markers are less generous with the lume as it seems, and in my opinion the hands on the previous Aquis were somewhat more sleek. This is a more sporty watch, and really the thing I praise about the previous model is it doesn't look to me as hardcore sport as say Tag.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Winner. Excluding the goofy looking leather strap.

The shape of the end of the hands matching the shape of the end of the markers unites this design better than the previous version. Seems to be a trend to be more cohesive aesthetically with Swiss brands lately.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oris fan here, I have a couple including an Aquis. My initial thoughts...

I like the case, bezel, and bracelet......the hands are off-putting to me. The hour hand appears stubby, and the length of the minute hand does not make sense. It may be the angles, but it does appear to reach *just too* the markers or to the far end of the markers. Also, the length/thickness difference in the hands make it look clunky.

It may be the angles, and it may grow on me. Initial thoughts are not exciting though.
Agreed, don't like the hands. The old ones look better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It looks to me that the lugs and links have been worked a bit as well. Maybe a touch slimmer for the bracelet with smoother lines? I was really hoping for a reintroduction of the 40mm and/or the loss of these proprietary lugs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It looks to me that the lugs and links have been worked a bit as well. Maybe a touch slimmer for the bracelet with smoother lines? I was really hoping for a reintroduction of the 40mm and/or the loss of these proprietary lugs.
Lugs and bracelet is bit thinner, crown is also refined to make more dressy diver without loosing tool watch spirit. All of that according to their press release.

Loosing proprietary lugs? That would make it different DNA . There is good reason why Aquis is beloved by many of us. I would say thanks for not ruining it.

Do I like changes they made? I want to see it in real life, I actually hope not to like it , since I have and love my Aquis right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
I love it - the new hands look sleeker to me (and a little bit similar to the ProPilot range). I love that the dial now says "Aquis" on it too! Otherwise it doesn't look like they've messed around with the design too much, which is a very good thing. I'll be interested to see when they apply these changes to the 46mm models, as I was considering adding the 46mm Small seconds date as a companion to my 43mm Aquis Date.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Looks pretty good. I like the blue rubber strap option. I do wish they'd size it at 42 and that the seconds hand matched the markers a bit more.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I love the case in general, the thinness of the bracelet is nice, but part of what I love about the old Aquis is the chunkiness. Either way, it certainly makes it more dressy. The new markers are fine, but I don't like the hands at all, the previous leaf shaped hands are some of my favorites on any watch.

·
Registered
307 Posts
^^ I always have trouble with the Oris website. That exact configuration has been on my radar for a while. Not sure which I like better :/

I think I prefer the new models lugs but the older models hands are more appealing to me.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts