WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like everything about the new model except the hour markers. I don't like them as much as the older model. Plus, at first glance they reminded me of a certain part of the male anatomy.
Damn you! I liked the new version, especially the 2 tone brushed area of the crown but now every time I look at the hour hand I see exactly what you're talking about. Glad I have a previous edition in the black / orange. Maybe I'll just watch for a black / blue in previous version as well to avoid the anatomically correct hour hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Damn you! I liked the new version, especially the 2 tone brushed area of the crown but now every time I look at the hour hand I see exactly what you're talking about. Glad I have a previous edition in the black / orange. Maybe I'll just watch for a black / blue in previous version as well to avoid the anatomically correct hour hand!

You're just looking at stock photos that show the 3D part at the end that slopes down looking different than it will in the flesh. Don't worry. They will look better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You're just looking at stock photos that show the 3D part at the end that slopes down looking different than it will in the flesh. Don't worry. They will look better.
I'll still pull the trigger on one. Have to say I bought an Aquaracer before I ever knew about Oris, while I love the Tag, I'm incredibly impressed with the previous edition Oris Aquis I purchased. The value is incredible.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Pardon me if this has already been covered earlier but has anyone tried the new bracelet on the previous generation? It will fit but wonder if the smoother/flatter profile will jive with the older style lugs.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Pardon me if this has already been covered earlier but has anyone tried the new bracelet on the previous generation? It will fit but wonder if the smoother/flatter profile will jive with the older style lugs.
It possibly may physically fit, however I don't think it would fit aesthetically. The final link on the old bracelet is about 25.5mm wide and the final link on the new bracelet is a shade under 24mm. The width of the individual lugs, where they meet the bracelet, is a shade under 7mm for the old model and 6mm for the new model, so there would be visible step between lugs and bracelet. Also the thickness of the center link that attaches to the lugs is 5mm for the old and 4mm for the new.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
101 - 112 of 112 Posts