WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one article weve been playing with for some time, as many of you know we really love this watch and think this is a great modern sized 70s watch with superbly built movement.

We trust you enjoy the write up! The SMf300 rocks! :-!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Thanks for this very interesting writeup :-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

This is one article weve been playing with for some time, as many of you know we really love this watch and think this is a great modern sized 70s watch with superbly built movement.

We trust you enjoy the write up! The SMf300 rocks! :-!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
A good article. I'd love to see one of these in the flesh just to see the continuous movement of the second hand and to hear that hum.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!

When thinking about how much we like this watch I produced some stats:

- 75% of Deskdivers own one of these, 50% of them own more than one...
- 100% of Deskdivers own at least one watch with this base movement
- only 50% of DeskDivers own a Ploprof... hmmm....

So we're saddo's really but we love this one... from its sweep secs to its quality construction... ahh, bliss :)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good morning Fergie - I've never picked up my f300 and tried to hear the hum until this very moment - I'd assumed that years of running a chainsaw and trapshooting without proper hearing protection would rule that out - but after reading your post, I just now held the old girl up to my ear - Man, that baby HUMS!! Way cool! And I then listened to my old Accutron, and I can hear it too!
Say, sure enjoyed looking at the pics of young Fergie on the other thread. That was a nice idea. And hope all is going well on the job front. Best, John

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
A good article. I'd love to see one of these in the flesh just to see the continuous movement of the second hand and to hear that hum.
Here's the best I can do, Fergie. It really is amazing to see.
homepage.mac.com/eptaz/.Pictures/watches/sonic/sonic.mov

I just took this with my Canon S400, so the quality isn't great. If the video doesn't show up, you can download it here.

eric

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eric, very cool!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and I meant to say 75% of DeskDivers own a Speedsonic... but only 50% own a ploprof... stats are great until someone loses 50% of their vision... ;)

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Well, I've done up some of my own stats. Only 50% of Deskdivers actually go SCUBA diving, 50% of Deskdivers are married to unreasonable women who for some reason want money saved for their sprogs' college funds and not spent on some semi-mythical metallic beasty. Oh, and 100% of Deskdivers are certifiable! :-d

RE: the Speedsonic - I'm working on it! :-s

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Eric, thats an amazing piece and a great video. Must add one of those (or a derivative with that movement) to the collection. Beautiful stuff!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I've done up some of my own stats. Only 50% of Deskdivers actually go SCUBA diving, 50% of Deskdivers are married to unreasonable women who for some reason want money saved for their sprogs' college funds and not spent on some semi-mythical metallic beasty. Oh, and 100% of Deskdivers are certifiable! :-d

RE: the Speedsonic - I'm working on it! :-s
:-! HaHa! :) Yes youre quite right mate... bloody nutters them lot ;-)

Fatpants, these really are superb... any esa9162 based movt will do... :-!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A tiny bump in case people wanted to look and didnt see this last week...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts