WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week Anders sent me one of the new Dievas [Z]ETA Phantom Professional watches for review. The watch arrived to me from Singapore in two days, that was fast. Ander's packaging presentation is quite nice. The packaging consists of an outer white paper board box that is tied with custom Dievas printed black ribbon and a red wax stamp with a Dievas emboss. The inner presentation package is a nicely done two-tone leather box with beautiful rich leather graining.

The watch is heavy for it's size but wears very comfortably. The dimensions are 44mm dia x 52mm lug to lug x 14.5mm thick. It sits very stably on the wrist, (I have a 7 1/4" wrist). The PVD finish is done very evenly on the case bezel and bracelet and has a nice satin sheen. The hands operate smoothly when setting the time and the crown screws down smoothly as well. The bezel rotation has a smooth click feel to it and is easily griped even with wet hands. The bezel insert on the ZETA watches is ceramic. The appearance of this bezel is interesting, in certain lighting conditions the numberers and markers disappear, kind of stealth-like, and in bright light they are very visible. Unfortunately on the watch I received the 12:00 lume dot misaligns by 1/2 a second.

This watch is marketed by Dievas as a dive watch but after wearing it for the weekend the personality of this watch was coming through more as a military watch than dive watch in my opinion. The combination of the satin black PVD finish, hands style and tritium tubed dial give it the military appearance. Visually this watch is quite striking with the black PVD and colorful tritium illuminated dial. The Dievas [Z]eta is illuminated by GTLS (Gaseous Tritium Light Sources), made by Swiss company MB-microtec. This Phantom model has green hands and 12:00 marker illumination and the hour markers are blue illumination.

Watch Specs (from Dievas):
Movement: Miyota 8215 automatic movement
Dial: Non reflective black dial with orange arabic 1-12 chapter ring.
Luminance: 15 tritium vials tubes. MB Microtec illumination - Made in Switzerland
Case: Stealth PVD surgical grade 316L stainless steel.
Case Back: Surgical grade 316L stainless steel.
Bezel: Stealth PVD. Matte ceramic bezel insert. 120 clicks uni-directional. Luminous dot.
Crown: Dievas signed Screwdown 5mm crown.
Lug: 22mm.
Crystal: Flat Sapphire crystal. Super anti-reflective coating on the inside.
Strap:Stealth PVD surgical grade 316L stainless steel bracelet with flip lock.
Water resistance: 300m/1000ft.
Dimensions: 44mm in diameter, 52mm lug to lug, 14.5mm thick
Power Reserve: ~42 hours
Warranty: Guaranteed 1 year
Colors of the Tritium lights:
- 11 blue tritium tubes / above the the numbers 1-11
- 1 orange tritium tubes / above the the numbers 12
- 3 green tritium tubes on hour/minute/sec hands
All illumination Made in Switzerland by MB Microtec exclusively for Dievas.

Here are some real-world photos for better reference of the Dievas [Z]ETA Professional:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Wow, that is gorgeous! Love the whole ensemble.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mine also arrived on Friday.
I think it is a well-executed, very attractive watch.

Steve

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Pretty darn slick. I have been wanting a T-Tube watch, but nothing was really grabbing me. This may be the answer..

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i am...

not a fan of tritium tube watches because all of the designs that i've seen up to now were rather crudely executed, both in the dial & hands as well as in other aspects.

but this Zeta is quite a looker and i find many elements to be pleasing to the eye. i'd have preferred the bezel markings to be a little easier to read.

the one design choice that i wish Anders had done differently was to use a black date wheel. the white date wheel clashes with the stealthy intent of the watch and the dark theme aesthethic prevalent in the watch.

but on the whole....i like the hands, dial, etc. i think this model can sell well once word gets out.

is there a night shot to show how the tritium performs?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Well well well, thats quite the watch Demo, congrats.

Thats gotta be the toughest Dievas yet. There's allot to like but the bezel and chapter ring look awesome, dial too. Heck, the whole watch is cool :p:p:p:p.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Great pics and watch. How's the Miyota movement running? I've never had a watch with that movement, is it possible to temporarily stop the second hand at all?

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Great pics and watch. How's the Miyota movement running? I've never had a watch with that movement, is it possible to temporarily stop the second hand at all?
The Miyota movements run well. I have the Benarus Sea Devil and Boschett Cave Dweller and both of them have been running very well. No true hacking but you can sort of stall the seconds hand by winding back like on any Seiko movement. Not ideal...

I really do like this design. When the Z[eta] was first unveiled it was the stainless steel model with the red C on the dial...not my taste. However, the Phantom (in both SS and PVD) looks the part and the price is darn good. Oh boy...yet another to add to the list...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I like the design... maybe I will add it to my wishlist (oh no! another one!!)

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: i am...

is there a night shot to show how the tritium performs?
Denizen, I didn't shoot a lume shot but If you click on Ander's banner (Gnomonwatches.com) at the top of this page you will see one on his web site.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I recently took a wrist shot of the Phanom, thought you guys that are interested might like to see it.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Man, I like it a lot. Love the tubes, lug holes on the sides and the very 'fricker' looking case. The bezel is really neat too. All that in PVD and 44mm.

Excellent. Let me know if you want to flip it!! :-d

·
Registered
748 Posts
Remember guys, shoot me a PM or Email and mention WUS and we will work something out for everyone on WUS. :-d

For anyone who is interested, Dievas Zeta will be featured in the July Issue of Gadget3 magazine(local magazine in Singapore) and its available in the pockets of Singapore Airlines flight.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Nice watch? Yes...Military feel? Not in my opinion...Miltary watches tend to have either 24 hour read capability, but not dive bezels (unless you're in the Navy). They also tend to have large arabic numerals instead of markers to avoid mistakes....and, you flipped it already!!! Interesting!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Remember guys, shoot me a PM or Email and mention WUS and we will work something out for everyone on WUS. :-d

For anyone who is interested, Dievas Zeta will be featured in the July Issue of Gadget3 magazine(local magazine in Singapore) and its available in the pockets of Singapore Airlines flight.
I am interested!!

Rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts