WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Got the email too! Was hoping for a more novel design watch though...

Reactions: jarlleif

·
Registered
20,580 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why it's disappointing?

It looks pretty good in the photo.
for me it is. nice watches, nice movement, but I was hoping to see the new movement in the DA models/design. perhaps with a design update. that's why I say, if these are the only models then it is dissapointing

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Can't complain - its a good upgrade on an already popular model for them.

Likewise in the longer term I would to see some design improvements - fully understand the Damasko design aesthetic and love the technologies, but I do think the designs could be accused of being a bit bland and constrained by their own aesthetic.

I own quite a few damasko's but wouldn't buy another, purely down to the design. With the exception of the DK105, all dials are flat and printed, with very similar designs / fonts / colours / hand-sets. - they do all look too similar!

Just do a small (38-40mm) dress / tool watch with applied markers and Damasko case tech and you would have an absolute winner!

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
for me it is. nice watches, nice movement, but I was hoping to see the new movement in the DA models/design. perhaps with a design update. that's why I say, if these are the only models then it is dissapointing
That makes two of us New movement, exhibition back, submarine steel and better lume in the DA-range would have been nice.

Reactions: bts01 and Kirkawall

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can't complain - its a good upgrade on an already popular model for them.

Likewise in the longer term I would to see some design improvements - fully understand the Damasko design aesthetic and love the technologies, but I do think the designs could be accused of being a bit bland and constrained by their own aesthetic.

I own quite a few damasko's but wouldn't buy another, purely down to the design. With the exception of the DK105, all dials are flat and printed, with very similar designs / fonts / colours / hand-sets. - they do all look too similar!

Just do a small (38-40mm) dress / tool watch with applied markers and Damasko case tech and you would have an absolute winner!
I'm a huge fan of Damasko and their design and technology. The dc67 si is my daily watch. can't seem to be able to take it off. amazing tool.
i just wish/hope to see the new movement in the DA series. a non date DA would be amazing in my opinion

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm not particularly impressed with the watch itself, but that movement is really fine looking!

Reactions: watchcrank_tx

·
Registered
Tudor Black Bay 36, Casio G-Shock (GW-M5610)
679 Posts
This is exactly what I am hoping for in the future.

As it is, the blue dialed no date version looks appealing but not sure if I will move on from my DS30 Windup for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not impressed with the new movement - I understand, using silicon parts would reflect in the cost, however power reserve, antimagnetic resistance is not on level with what other competitors are doing with the new movement releases.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will these new models replace the DS30s?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good to see they launched their new movement. I was hoping for a better power reserve... Even though this specific model is not my favourite, I'm looking forward to see what new model they'll put this movement in...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am not impressed with the new movement - I understand, using silicon parts would reflect in the cost, however power reserve, antimagnetic resistance is not on level with what other competitors are doing with the new movement releases.
This will remain the domain of A35 movements, the top line of Damasko. The new A26 is a replacement for the well known ETA with the same specs. I think that for the price point its a good, solid movement wich must prove from now on that it's reliable. I believe it will be so. I'm impressed what this small family owned brand can achieve.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Really impressed by the price: only 400 EUR extra to have the in-house movement.
While an in-house movement is pretty cool for bragging rights and makes the owner feel better, there really isn't anything wrong with ETA (and Sellita) movements. And ETA can be serviced/repaired by many while an in-house movement is more limited. And long-term accuracy and reliability still needs to be proven for a new in-house movement.

These new models are not for me as I don't like the plain but still rather busy dial. Curious to see what the new DA will be like but expect the same design with a $500-600 or more price increase. I'll stick with my DA26 and DA20 for now.

Not seeing any information about the new A26 movement on the Damasko website. You would think they would have complete technical and other details available.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts