WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I know it is not quite as nice as GraniteQuarry's new 300T Sharky, but not all of us can fall into a 35+ year-old NOS watch. Mine is NOS, but only from 2002. I actually was quite pleased to have found it. Not that many of these floating around either. It has never been sized, still has the plastic on it. I really want a 300T Reissue DS, but let's get real.;-)

This is probably the closest I will get to Alasdair's Whiteshark:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
So are you past 20 yet? :-d Let us know when you get there.....

Hey Jason, nice pick up. Didn't come from the 'Bay I assume.....

·
Registered
620 Posts
Very nice! #14 I guess?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Very Nice.Don't ever sell it.I had one and sold it awhile back and I'm kicking myself now.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very Nice.Don't ever sell it.I had one and sold it awhile back and I'm kicking myself now.
I'll trade ya.....;-)

Funny thing is, I was really excited about this watch. Until Monday morning. I bought another Doxa. It is headed this way from Switzerland and it is vintage. However, I have never seen one like this one in anything other than Pete's book. I sent Pete the pics, and we determined that it is different from anything we have seen, though it be ever so slightly.

I haven't been this excited since the Poseidon.........

·
Registered
110 Posts
Jason,

Guess you switched bank managers already eh...:)

Great buy..:-!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are you past 20 yet? :-d Let us know when you get there.....

Hey Jason, nice pick up. Didn't come from the 'Bay I assume.....
No, not past twenty

It did not come off Fleabay. Surprisingly enough, I posted a WTB on TZ and said I wanted any 300T reissue. A very upstanding guy took the bait. He said he was as excited about Doxa as me back in 2002. He bought a Pro, this Sharky and had a DS on order. Something happened and he decided to cancel the DS order. The Sharky has sat on the shelf since. He did say he has worn the crud out of the Pro..........

·
Registered
492 Posts
Great piece Jason. I really like that watch as it reminds me so much of another:-d. You seem to be becoming a Doxa magnet attracting watches from all over the place. Maybe you'll get a place in Dr Pete's signature as the superhero "DoxaMan" :-d:-d

Will be interested to see what you have coming next. Are the numbers 200 in it?
Cheers
Alasdair

·
Registered
341 Posts
All I gotta say is "you suck, Man!" I have loved the reissue Sharkie since the first time I saw one, but I was never in a position to buy one. I had a reissue Pro Seahunter that I sold to a good friend and all I can tell you is LISTEN TO JOE P!!! DON'T GET RID OF IT!!! Unless you want to trade for something :-d???

Seriously, what a GREAT collection you've acquired, and over a relatively short period of time.

Wear them in good health!

Jeremy

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,204 Posts
Another nice score. You need to sprout a few more arms to get your moneys worth out of them puppies.

·
Registered
629 Posts
boy! that's nice. Since I had a SeaHunter, I like this case and always want to look for the Shark. Never got a chance to pull the trigger.

Great found! Aren't you love that bracelet?? :-!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
boy! that's nice. Since I had a SeaHunter, I like this case and always want to look for the Shark. Never got a chance to pull the trigger.

Great found! Aren't you love that bracelet?? :-!
I honestly hated it the first time I saw it 5 or 6 months ago. It is like the ugly duckling. You grow to love it...:-d

·
Registered
645 Posts
Great looking watch!. I bought the Pro version back in April of 2002 when they first came out. I kind of wish I had never gotten rid of it but it wasn't getting much wrist time so I traded it for a 600T Sharkhunter. I almost bought the 300T reissue DS also but decided not to. Enjoy it.

Wayne

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice Jason!!! It seems wholly redundant at this point to say wear it / enjoy it in good health - having had SOOO many opportunities to say the same thing recently - but what the heck!!! :-d

Enjoy it, Amigo!!!

(I sure hope you're spending some serious cash on your wife!! ;-) )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats Jason
Fantastic Pickup !!!
Love the bracelet on these models
Even though they are smaller than the 750 series they wear bigger.
I have a 300t re-issue pro and love it.
As others have said never sell it it and relish in ownership of a spectacular Doxa Model.
p.s Congrats on the Status Of Moderator Couldn't have been given to a nicer bloke.

Cheers Gary < Aust.>

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Gary.

I agree, they do wear bigger even though the dial size is a little smaller. I have to say, the other area that this watch is far superior to other Doxa models is the clasp. Did you know there are 5 micro-adjustment holes on the clasp? Plus, it is bigger and beefier than the GMT bracelet..............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts