WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I certified yet? (Nut, that is). :) I just love the Glycine selection of watches. I'm a big fan of clean 'n' simple, I don't even like date windows on my watches (and I can never trust that the date is correct anyway).

So when I saw this Glycine Bienne 1914 for sale used (at Watchseller), I droolled on it for weeks then had to have it. Love it! Thin, sleek, lightweight and the 28.8k bps moves the second hand like buttah.

I should have been satisfied, but Glycine fever took hold and when I stumbled across this blue Eugene Meylan, brand new, for <$700.00 on the Bay, I jumped on it also (much to wife's dismay). Love it too!

The blue/silver probably not everyone's cuppa, but it's me all over. The face is highly readable and turn it a certain way and the silver (nickel actually) numbers glow like a light bulb against the blue background! It's one of those watches that is instantly comfy on my wrist, it really feels great.

Go Glycine! :-!|>:-!

·
Registered
98 Posts
It’s only an addiction when you go to the meeting. Well on your way to the wonderful world of money poor and watch rich. Very nice start I might add.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome!

The Meylan looks great with the blue/silver! :-!

/e

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Glycine are a great brand. Nice choices. I love that Bienne 1914 - a beautifully understated watch.:-!

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I've been wearing the blue Meylan for a few days now and I'm really surprised how well the silver (Glycine says they're nickel) numbers show up against the blue background.

I was worried that they would be too shiny, but they really pop as it gets darker out, although no lume at all, so not good for night. But the slightest light and the numbers start to glow....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts