WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a DW-004 (again), this time with an 1825 module, from the Bay. Good price and free postage, which was nice. A new battery and a bath later (those velcro bands can pick up a lot of, er, stuff over the years) and it looks great; in really good condition.

I had to smile when re-setting everything as the date defaulted to '95!

Pics soon.

:)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here are some quick pics just for reference...

new_dw004_300409 003_sm.jpg

new_dw004_300409 006_sm.jpg

:-!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've been off in a Suunto / Nike Mettle kinda place for a while now but when I saw this going for a price I could manage I couldn't resist! I always regretted trading in my first DW-004 and this is the same colour scheme and doesn't have the telememo function, which I won't miss anyway!

Feels a bit like meeting an old friend.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... the backlight doesn't seem to respond too well but I suspect it's the battery because I've had it in a drawer for ages. I hope so, anyway! It lights for a fraction of a second then the display goes out for a moment then comes back. Cycling through the modes seems okay, just the backlight...

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Good to see you around here again, Martin. :)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,582 Posts
Hi martin,

Nice to see you around here. Nice DW-004. Pretty huge. I always throw a dirty watchband in the washing machine (you have those special nets for small parts and delicate fabrics). A weak, absent EL or fading digits point to a weak battery. Well, I think you know where to look how to change a battery on a G-Shock ;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, gentlemen. I hand-washed the band in warm water with some washing-machine powder, using a toothbrush on the material. It's amazing what gunge comes out!

I'm sure it is an old battery causing the light problem.

I've not been away from WUS, just on other fora! Nice to be back in familiar company, though ;-)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeff, I've been looking at getting one of those reverse-display DW003s on eBay but they're all just too pricey for me. I like your style!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
By the way, I should acknowledge the help I received from the "how to" posts in the Sticky section - thanks to those who posted there with battery-changing tips and pictures!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I was lucky enough to pick this one up NOS of the Bay to, nice watches, you'll enjoy that :-!

·
Registered
179 Posts
ABC´s: Echo Master and Alta Altimeter. Nice watches for best prices.

___________________________________________:-!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts