WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, today I was checking the Spanish blog "ZonaCasio" and I found great news (to me) there. Apparently Casio is going to do a revival edition of the old Blue, Yellow and Green DW-5600C, where we will have the chance to not only emulate the colors of the resins, but also to have a screen that tries to resemble the old designs.
They'll use the carbon core guard case and the new technic of attaching the bezels without screws...
The module will apparently be the same 3229 from the DW-5600E.
Edit: This won't be a screw back like the original DW-5600C.
Take a look if you're curious about!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm glad you like these but I'm disappointed and sad. The DW-5600C/E are some of my favorite face designs but I wanted them released with a screw down back. Enjoy them, I'll keep waiting. Hopefully they give this face design the love it deserves. I would love a Fox Fire screw back. I'm still trying to make one but I lack the tools and skill. I rather Casio just makes it. They have the parts laying around. Just make it.

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,681 Posts
Damn, you had me for a second. I initially read your post as Casio re-releasing these classic screw backs.

I’m sure the carbon squares will look cool, but I’m kinda disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I'm glad you like these but I'm disappointed and sad. The DW-5600C/E are some of my favorite face designs but I wanted them released with a screw down back. Enjoy them, I'll keep waiting. Hopefully they give this face design the love it deserves. I would love a Fox Fire screw back. I'm still trying to make one but I lack the tools and skill. I rather Casio just makes it. They have the parts laying around. Just make it.
Screwbacks are overrated, imo.
Heavier (top heavy especially sucks) and more difficult to do a battery change. People think it's better because it's "premium".... meh

I for one welcome these new models!

I will of course get all 3.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hey everyone, today I was checking the Spanish blog "ZonaCasio" and I found great news (to me) there. Apparently Casio is going to do a revival edition of the old Blue, Yellow and Green DW-5600C, where we will have the chance to not only emulate the colors of the resins, but also to have a screen that tries to resemble the old designs.
They'll use the carbon core guard case and the new technic of attaching the bezels without screws...
The module will apparently be the same 3229 from the DW-5600E.
Edit: This won't be a screw back like the original DW-5600C.
Take a look if you're curious about!!

Hell yeah!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
Heavier (top heavy especially sucks) and more difficult to do a battery change. People think it's better because it's "premium".... meh

Why are screwbacks more difficult to do a battery change on? Only one thing to remove, not 4 screws, and no chance of them ever suffering from stripped threads!

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
I think the blue and green are nice looking and without studying them when you look at the time, will be pretty much identical to the originals in regards to visuals, and having looked at the photos, might be interested in them both.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG fan of the old screwback models, there's something great about wearing the old ones and the fact they still run strong after so long. I think the yellow one is a bit of a rip off. I know it's going to be the CCG one among the three, and comes with extra bezels and straps, but I can buy all of those bits for a bog standard 5600E for a hell of a lot less and no-one will know it's not a Carbon Core Guard watch!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Why are screwbacks more difficult to do a battery change on? Only one thing to remove, not 4 screws, and no chance of them ever suffering from stripped threads!
If you are not careful, easy to scratch screw case back. The tool can be cumbersome and finiky.... slips easily.

Never once in my life have I stripped standard screws that go on case backs. I think what stems from your fears are from the side bezel screws on the vintage models that gets stuck. But if we're talking about regular resin case backs, I've never had a problem.

Also, the gaskets are easier to maintain in their proper place on non-screw case backs, since the case back itself doesn't turn.

Not particularly hard to deal with, but was worth noting. My biggest issue with some traditional screw case backs is that they are top heavy. I prefer to wear my 5610 over my gw5000 because of that.

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
If you are not careful, easy to scratch screw case back. The tool can be cumbersome and finiky.... slips easily.

Never once in my life have I stripped standard screws that go on case backs. I think what stems from your fears are from the side bezel screws on the vintage models that gets stuck. But if we're talking about regular resin case backs, I've never had a problem.

Also, the gaskets are easier to maintain in their proper place on non-screw case backs, since the case back itself doesn't turn.

Not particularly hard to deal with, but was worth noting. My biggest issue with some traditional screw case backs is that they are top heavy. I prefer to wear my 5610 over my gw5000 because of that.
Yeah all fair enough. I actually had in mind a few of my 6600's that had stripped caseback screw holes.

None of my modern resin cases have had any issues either. I think that as long as you have a good screwback opener then it will be ok, but yes, scratched screwbacks can be had!

I quite like the weight of screwbacks, they actually sit better on my wrist than lighter G's.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts

I agree screw backs are overrated but I still prefer them. I like the way they look and feel better. To me it's about preference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the set will come with 3 bezels and straps?

That's pretty cool and I really like the lighter weight with the carbon core case.
I the case of the yellow version, it will. In the green and blue versions, I think they will come as single units without extra bezels and straps as long as the screen is different in both versions.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You send me the parts donors and I'll cobble one together for you.

·
Registered
952 Posts

Screwdown backs the gasket oring should be changed with every battery swap too due to shear, not that a new gasket is a big expense but its something more to keep on hand or order and wait. Not a worry with the screw on back.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Screwdown backs the gasket oring should be changed with every battery swap too due to shear, not that a new gasket is a big expense but its something more to keep on hand or order and wait. Not a worry with the screw on back.

Excellent point.... which reminds me, I need to order a couple of gaskets.

·
Premium Member
14,818 Posts

BI, the best screw back removal tool is a wadded up ball of duct tape. It works every time and leaves no marks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts