WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I'm not sure if this model is actually new but the blue dial vesion probably is. Well it was at Ebel's Facebook site so I thought it was new.

Thoughts?

I just picked this up. It’s beautiful in the flesh. And JP, it was your post in the Ebel thread that turned me onto this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Happy Easter to you too. First day.

·
Registered
621 Posts
This looks like a really nice shade of blue, sort of dark aquamarine, and, it seems, without the sunburst effect to boot. My problem with blue-dialled watches, of which I have none, is that it's very difficult to get away from that generic solleilé royal blue, which I just can't stand. Good on Ebel for choosing a different path.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I wonder how the current bracelets fit?..

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I wonder how the current bracelets fit?..
How do you mean? I haven’t sized the bracelet

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
How do you mean? I haven’t sized the bracelet

Right!!...I meant, does the quality of the bracelet seem to be the same as the 'older' series(s)?..

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Right!!...I meant, does the quality of the bracelet seem to be the same as the 'older' series(s)?..
The bracelet is very different from the old model Discoveries and much more like the bracelet on the current Discovery three hander that you have.
Old

New

The chrono has 22mm lugs compared to 20mm one the three hander but they both have quick release spring bars. The chrono comes with an extra rubber strap like the three hander.

Reactions: Thunder1

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
This looks like a really nice shade of blue, sort of dark aquamarine, and, it seems, without the sunburst effect to boot. My problem with blue-dialled watches, of which I have none, is that it's very difficult to get away from that generic solleilé royal blue, which I just can't stand. Good on Ebel for choosing a different path.
Yes it’s a flat blue with no sunburst. It has a touch of reflective quality so it’s not totally flat like dial on the quartz Discovery three hander.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
What movement is in this watch and how thick is it?
I’ve been looking for a nice Ebel for ages.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Worth another look on my part!!..

;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes it’s a flat blue with no sunburst. It has a touch of reflective quality so it’s not totally flat like dial on the quartz Discovery three hander.

If they make an effort on their quartz Discovery chronos (red chronograph hands would be nice for starters) I really might get one in the future. I'd totally leave it on the bracelet, though, or possibly go for the Wave even.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
What movement is in this watch and how thick is it?
I’ve been looking for a nice Ebel for ages.
I don’t know. Some kind of ETA. Certainly not the Ebel 137 caliber.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts