WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...but a few tools, this time Sea_Gull branded caseback openers.

So, nothing really exciting for most folks maybe, but I'm thrilled to have them and it broadens the AMCHPR range of eye candy...:-d. This post goes along with an earlier post of Shanghai wrenches called VCM with a twist.

So...the pix:

Would someone be so kind as to translate?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Branching out Ron? Very nice indeed.......must have missed your Shanghai twist post o|. Worthy additions to your museum my friend.

Do you do your own services now and how much would it cost to service mine too? :-d

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,199 Posts
The Shanghai style (12 sided) case wrench I was familiar with, but this is the first time that I have seen the Sea-Gull style. Looks a whole lot more convenient than an adjustable Jaxa wrench.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
These are very handy tools.:-! The small one for lady watches is quite rare.|> Two of them are marked Dongfeng(东风), and two are marked Seagull in Chinese, and on the plastic handles, Tianjin Watch Factory.

·
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are very handy tools.:-! The small one for lady watches is quite rare.|> Two of them are marked Dongfeng(东风), and two are marked Seagull in Chinese, and on the plastic handles, Tianjin Watch Factory.
Thank you for the information. Zhang :) and, yes, they are very handy. They each open some Sea-Gull or Dongfeng cases, but some also open other VCM cases and they're very efficient and easy to use without marking case backs.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
They are great additions to the museum. You have shown that these VCM watch tools can have a collector's value in addition to their usefulness. |>|>

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Nice acquisition :-!

I have never, until now, seen actual Chinese tools like this but suspected they must exist.

Some time ago; I noticed many similarities between one of my Enicar watches and a Zuan Shi...

This has had me watching for old tools like this. I occasionally find them in lots of old Swiss tools but have yet to score :-(
Fortunately; my two prong opener has not failed to safely open a VCM yet :)

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
And as the Chinese are quite practical, these can also be used to open a bottle of Tsing Tao pi jiu! ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulation! i have never seen those fine openers. two weeks ago i bought 2 old openers but rough for 7120 caseback.
just now i first visit your Museum on net, show my colleagues your chinese watche pictures ,proud of you .
even from your articles i found some useful data of Beijing's watche shop.
just registed this web forum.
since Octobe 2012 have loved chinese watches, read some repair books and repaired 3 old watches,lol .
Thanks.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,199 Posts
Congratulation! i have never seen those fine openers. two weeks ago i bought 2 old openers but rough for 7120 caseback.
just now i first visit your Museum on net, show my colleagues your chinese watche pictures ,proud of you .
since Octobe 2012 have loved chinese watches, read some repair books and repaired 3 old watches,lol .
Thanks.
Welcome to the forum. And well done with the repairs. :-! It is a very satisfying feeling to fix your own watch.

·
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks.
Welcome to the forum. And well done with the repairs.
It is a very satisfying feeling to fix your own watch.
Allow me to echo what Chascomm wrote and to WELCOME you to the Chinese Mechanical Watch forum at WUS!!

谢谢 谢谢, Red Mansions & Stone, for your very kind words about my "museum".

If you visit my museum again -- and I hope you do -- please take some time to visit the other collections that I point to on the main page; they're wonderful.

Also, I plan on being in Beijing (probably in April if my plans hold) for my second visit to your beautiful city ( my visit to China / 我对中国的访问 ), so perhaps we could meet if our schedules allow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for your welcome.
fix watch is not my point ,design and modify my favorite style from old chinese basic watch maybe is my more interesting. now disassemble and assemble just i am learning watch basic technology.
repaired 3 old watches and destroyed 2 watches already,lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
谢谢 yours WELCOME ,lol.
yes ,maybe April,we can meet in Beijing. i just have learned technology of watch since Octobe this year. need to learn more.
last week i bought WATCHMAKING this book from Amazone by my US friend.
i noticed your "my visit to China" picture with Mr.Cao, i found new old watch market from your picture, ShuangLong market, this week i will to there .
Thanks.

·
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
谢谢 yours WELCOME ,lol.
yes ,maybe April,we can meet in Beijing. i just have learned technology of watch since Octobe this year. need to learn more.
last week i bought WATCHMAKING this book from Amazone by my US friend.
i noticed your "my visit to China" picture with Mr.Cao, i found new old watch market from your picture, ShuangLong market, this week i will to there .
Thanks.
Please pass my best regards to Mr. Cao. He has a shop at ShuangLong and at Panjiayuan as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please pass my best regards to Mr. Cao. He has a shop at ShuangLong and at Panjiayuan as well.
hi.
today morning,i went Panjiayuan Cao's shop wanna say hi to Mr.Cao for you,but his son said he was in Shuanglong .
afternoon ,i went to Shuanglong ,his staff said he went back Panjiayuan ,lol,its a pity.
but today i bought old two Dongfeng (one main plate has seagull vein,not other plates.Another dail has red "SERVE THE PEOPLE "charactors ,dial is vey neat but charactors very very light ,this is shortcoming ,on the other hand ,if charactor was clearn maybe price would be higher,so light is advanced )
and bought Shanghai 1524 etc.
ask your question plz. in here how can i find my reply post and thread? in other forum if i reply your thread, you reply me,when i login forum ,my notification will send message let me link this thread very fast.but in this forum ,i have to find this thread by my self. is this right? tell me plz.thanks.

·
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi.
today morning,i went Panjiayuan Cao's shop wanna say hi to Mr.Cao for you,but his son said he was in Shuanglong .
afternoon ,i went to Shuanglong ,his staff said he went back Panjiayuan ,lol,its a pity.
but today i bought old two Dongfeng (one main plate has seagull vein,not other plates.Another dail has red "SERVE THE PEOPLE "charactors ,dial is vey neat but charactors very very light ,this is shortcoming ,on the other hand ,if charactor was clearn maybe price would be higher,so light is advanced )
and bought Shanghai 1524 etc.
ask your question plz. in here how can i find my reply post and thread? in other forum if i reply your thread, you reply me,when i login forum ,my notification will send message let me link this thread very fast.but in this forum ,i have to find this thread by my self. is this right? tell me plz.thanks.
Thank you for trying to pass my greetings to Mr. Cao. I am sure he is busy between both locations. I will see him myself when I visit.

You write that the red printing is very light on the "serve the people" characters---that is possibly a very good thing. The original printing on such Dongfeng watches was quite thin (I have seen original at the Sea-Gull Watch factory in Tianjin) ...not at all like the new recreations with bright and thicker red printing, so maybe yours is original -- or more like original -- and not a shortcoming at all in my view. Perhaps you could take photographs to show us.

"in this forum ,i have to find this thread by my self"...that is how I have always done it. But...maybe if you look under "thread tools" above you will see "subscribe to this thread". I have not ever used that function but perhaps it is what you intend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts