WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an EZM1 that I purchased two years ago. I haven't worn it much, and I noticed the ratcheting bezel seems loose when comparing to other dive watches I own in the past. It feels more of a soft "stop" rather than the firm click. Is this normal?

Secondly, I locking clasp (small locking tab) on my bracelet is a bit loose, meaning it's relatively easy to disengages or engage with my index finger. It hasn't come off accidentally, but it just feels loose. Is this normal as well right?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: New EZM1: bezel ratchets soft and bracelet locking clasp a bit loose - is this normal

I don't have a EZM1 (sadly)... so I can't comment on the bezel....

but - the locking tab can be tightened ... just sqeeze them together - the Ti does wear out easier...

·
Banned
373 Posts
Re: New EZM1: bezel ratchets soft and bracelet locking clasp a bit loose - is this normal

The bezel of the EZM1 is indeed softer than for example the bezels on the EZM2 or EZM3. My EZM1 bezel behaves just the same.

The clasp can be adjusted by squeezing it a bit (gently!), as has already been suggested.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Early EZM1's had a "hard" click bezel and the later model's were a much "softer" click...maybe a supplier change, your's sounds like a later model:)

Sanjay

·
Registered
225 Posts

Just carefully pop off the bezel and bend the bezel spring at a more acute angle so that the bezel will be firmer.

-Kevin-

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Just carefully pop off the bezel and bend the bezel spring at a more acute angle so that the bezel will be firmer.

-Kevin-
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I pop the bezel and what tools do I need?

·
Registered
225 Posts

Well, I'd suggest a caseback-opener knife. They work just as well at removing bezels, if not better. Bergeon makes a good one for cheap. Here's a pic.

I use one on a Wenger Minothor watchmaker's knife.

To be careful I sometimes wrap my knife blade in masking tape so as not to mar the case. Just take your time and have a shot of whiskey before you begin!

Good luck,

-Kevin-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts