WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The Mudman's day/date is totally wrong. It only shows 2 letters of the day instead of 3, and where's the month gone? :-s The light button is also wrong. It shouldn't have 'Tough Solar' on the band either, and the buttons stick out too much. There should be another bit of steel showing between the 2 right hand buttons. I won't even get started on the back. :rodekaart

·
Registered
763 Posts
But combine the mudman and that metal cockpit model with fuzzy ebay pics and i can see a lot of people being fooled. Let's face it, not everybody is as keen as we are on G's - get the pic slightly out of focus and they'll look pretty much like their genuine counterparts :-s

Imo the fake thing is only going to get worse asthe copies get better - i just can't comprehend why they seem to fins it so hard to make good copies right now???? are they made by blind people who only have the sense of touch to reproduce the watch????

Rusty

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,599 Posts
Why fake a watch that can be had for around £30 in the first place! Just makes no sense!
That's my thought exactly. The real Mudman is widely available and can be considdered a very friendly priced G.

These fakes look disturbing good. I should post them in the Fake Warning Subforum.

Thanks for posting CB2B,

Sjors

·
Registered
763 Posts
Why fake a watch that can be had for around £30 in the first place! Just makes no sense!

Pretty strange that it has the 'atomic' mole picture on the back?
Why does anything get copied/faked??? Because someone thinks they can make money doing it :roll: and they DO make money doing it. There's probably more money in producing poor G-Shock fakes than there is in producing poor Rolex fakes (this is my own opinion and is in no way based on fact :-d) the fake g would be cheaper to make i'd have thought - machined/moulded plastic with a cheap digital movement, yet can sell for about the same as a poor Rolex knock off that's machined from metal and has a mechanical movement.

Consider also the fact, using your rationale, that people will be less inclined to rigourously check if the watch is fake - after all, "why fake a £30 watch" ;-)

Rusty

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
the mudman fake is not bad, and g-shock newbies might see it as a real on bay. of course people from the forum see the difference. for me i mostly recognise a fake cause of poor faking of the letters. either they use slightly other type of letters, or a little bigger/smaller letters.

its funny, there is also a wide range of casio marlin fakes on flumarkets, cheapest plastic watches with a blue fish on it, and i even saw a marlin/g-shock mixed fake watch, i should have bought it for the forum...

regards
gerry

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thought you might be interested on this one I saw on Ebay - only $550 buy it now price - guess it must be really really rare! It's also pretty amazing the way they've combined the adjust button and the backlight.

Needless to say he's been reported. If you want to it's Item # 110185705572

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I wonder if the band and bezel would fit on a regular 8200. You know, if they came out with a yellow or camo fake Frogman, I might buy one for the fun of it :-!
I had been in the hunt till recently for a replacement bezel for my DW8200. Out of desparation I'd picked up a spoilt fake Frogman on the cheap - just for the bezel. The holes for the buttons and screws aren't quite aligned identically to the genuine item - so it doesn't work as a cheap replacement bezel.
Just a thought - someone should just start making and selling compatible parts like bezels and straps for the older GShocks, a perhaps offer them in a myriad of alternative colors as well!
Lee

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had been in the hunt till recently for a replacement bezel for my DW8200. Out of desparation I'd picked up a spoilt fake Frogman on the cheap - just for the bezel. The holes for the buttons and screws aren't quite aligned identically to the genuine item - so it doesn't work as a cheap replacement bezel.
Just a thought - someone should just start making and selling compatible parts like bezels and straps for the older GShocks, a perhaps offer them in a myriad of alternative colors as well!
Lee
Yes, I also had this idea to make replacement bezels for certain models and thought of getting it done in a China factory, but I wonder if we need a license or something. Of course, we can't use the G-Shock or Casio trademarks. Do you think we will get introuble for making 3rd party straps and bezels???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.