WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just received this Bulova Oceanographer from 1969 (marked M9 on the case back). Got it pretty cheap on the ´bay, but it doesn't look half bad with the gold electroplated case and chocolate brown dial.

IMG_0818.JPG IMG_0819.JPG

I can't get the back off as it seems to be screwed on really well - does anyone know what movement I should expect to find underneath? Were these made while Bulova was still a healthy company? I understand they had a rough time (at least) in the mid-late 70's?

Any other info or thoughts anyone has to share - I'm more than happy to hear it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I have no information for you, but its a very nice-looking watch. Congratulations.|>

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Nearly all of Bulova's movements were decent, and the Oceanographer was a higher end watch, so it'll be well finished. By 1969, the movements were pretty well refined to balance out quality and manufacturing efficiency.

For the case back, I've had luck with using duct tape. Then again, I'm from the land of Red Green, so I always have luck with duct tape.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks - I'll try duct tape. After all, Mythbusters have showed that it can be used for pretty much anything. :)

What is the difference between the 11ALC and 11BLC movements? The specs look very similar to my untrained eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts