WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally only buy maybe one or two watches a year, however a couple of weeks ago I couldn't pass up this offer. I met up with an acquaintance that recently bought a very large estate collection of watches (like 150+ watches). He let me cherry pick the ones I wanted, which came down to these 4:

Universal Geneve Automatic Chronograph (silver dial, roman numerals)
Universal Geneve Aero-Compax (manual wind, chronograph and 24hr hand)
Oris Classic Pointer Date, display back with old-school plexi crystal
Oris Big Crown Chronograph, display back (yellow hands for chrono)

We negotiated a little and I was lucky enough to bring them all home. With a little TLC (polished the cases and replaced most of the worn straps with extra NATO's I had lying around and below are the results so far. My watchmaker was looking at the UG Aero-Compax and told me he was surprised the movement they used was an Omega caliber (same one used in some older Speedmasters). So was I!

DSC_7569.JPG

DSC_7555.JPG

Thanks,
-Troy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Oris models are always a good pick. All here though, are nice choices. Enjoy!

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
Very nice Troy. Congrats!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Those are some great looking additions! I like the looks of that Universal Geneve. Congrats on your fantastic four!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Universal Geneve Automatic Chronograph (silver dial, roman numerals) would be my pick. Nice one.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
A very nice looking Quartet.

·
Registered
30,181 Posts
The Oris looks nice on the green contrast nato for something different. Nice combo.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just need to decide what strap to put on the Oris Pointer Calendar. I'm thinking a brown suede strap.

-Troy

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Great haul! Love those UG's.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I think the Pointer Date would look pretty spiffy on a nice, nontextured, semigloss, black calfskin. Simple and dressy.
Nice catch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts