WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Not my style, but it ain't ugly. Nice lume.

Reactions: gaopa

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
I've often thought about buying the hecla, this is very similar. I like it a lot. The lack of a bracelet eliminates it as a want for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I stumbled in this one 2 days ago and I really like it and added to my list.

I prefer it to the original Hecla with its matched blue inner bezel.

I like the titanium.
I like the size
I like the dial

I actually am okay with no bracelet as I think it looks better on the fitted rubber for my tastes.

I’m not sure if the dial is darker and more navy than the original Hecla or if it is just filters used to make it feel a bit more moody with the darker titanium.

Like most Farers there is some quirky playfulness but I think I’m okay with it on this one.

Still pondering it but it’s currently in the running for a next purchase, especially as it would be a bit of stretch price wise and something would need to get sold.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Think it is darker than the original Heckla - I prefer it and I think that dial looks better with the applied indices and the blue bezel rather than the original silver. I thought - and still think - the Leven dial is the pick of the bunch along with the quartered (or is it 3rd-ed) orange segment - I think that orange segment should have been on the blue and black dialled versions, but I guess its not for everyone. If the original Endeavour had that orange bezel I'd have bought it too - not so sure on the new black finished case but they have their fans.

The original s/steel cased Aqua Compressors were about £100 dearer I think but they came with a rubber strap and a steel bracelet, and had a 2824-2 elab. grade (no-date version) movement. My Leven has a very well finished dial, the sloping crowns are very easy to grip and use (in-fact the most user friendly of all my watches), the bronze one I like as well - just a little different without standing out too much. Price to me seems pretty fair as it looks and feels very well made - I just received a Ocean Crawler Great Lakes which is a VERY similar design (but cheaper) and I'd say wearing and looking at both, while I like the OC, the FU Leven is def a cut above. First couple of months I had it I wasn't sure about keeping it but the more I wore it the more I like it - especially teamed with the Hirsh strap. The 70s compressor style is quite rare nowadays and it offers something different from the more standard diver design - a nice change on the wrist.

Farer do interest free credit as well if it helps with the budget!

farer3.jpg

farer1.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Think it is darker than the original Heckla - I prefer it and I think that dial looks better with the applied indices and the blue bezel rather than the original silver. I thought - and still think - the Leven dial is the pick of the bunch along with the quartered (or is it 3rd-ed) orange segment - I think that orange segment should have been on the blue and black dialled versions, but I guess its not for everyone. If the original Endeavour had that orange bezel I'd have bought it too - not so sure on the new black finished case but they have their fans.

The original s/steel cased Aqua Compressors were about £100 dearer I think but they came with a rubber strap and a steel bracelet, and had a 2824-2 elab. grade (no-date version) movement. My Leven has a very well finished dial, the sloping crowns are very easy to grip and use (in-fact the most user friendly of all my watches), the bronze one I like as well - just a little different without standing out too much. Price to me seems pretty fair as it looks and feels very well made - I just received a Ocean Crawler Great Lakes which is a VERY similar design (but cheaper) and I'd say wearing and looking at both, while I like the OC, the FU Leven is def a cut above. First couple of months I had it I wasn't sure about keeping it but the more I wore it the more I like it - especially teamed with the Hirsh strap. The 70s compressor style is quite rare nowadays and it offers something different from the more standard diver design - a nice change on the wrist.

Farer do interest free credit as well if it helps with the budget!

View attachment 15156643

View attachment 15156647
Is the the black/orange sailcloth strap?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Its a Hirsch Robby (black and orange sailcloth though its more dark grey than black) - amongst other colours there is a black and blue which would probably suit the Heckla very well. I got a 'chinese' version of the Hirsch Andy (which is similar but with a croc skin finish rather than sailcloth) strap coming via ebay which has curved ends unlike the Hirsch - if its a good fit I'll post a pic of that. I had the same 'Robby' looked out for the OC Great Lakes but although it is very similar to the FU Leven , the strap just didn't suit it at all (IMHO!).

hirsch.jpg

I would also mention, re the Farer prices, that they claim their watches are fully made in Switzerland (thus adding to the costs) as opposed to many microbrands that are mostly Chinese made, with the resultant lower cost. Where your moneys going/whose economy your purchase is supporting might be a factor to some - whether their claim is true I couldn't say or whether that means they are better built I also couldn't say but anything made in the west would likely cost more.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That's a hefty price tag. Also, 92g for a titanium watch head - very porky. Can't tell if both crowns are threaded. If not, that would be a deal breaker especially on a diver.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's a hefty price tag. Also, 92g for a titanium watch head - very porky. Can't tell if both crowns are threaded. If not, that would be a deal breaker especially on a diver.
Yes they are both screw down crowns - apparently watertight to 100m unscrewed so the bezel can be used to that depth but whether u'd risk it.....My version is the s/steel case and wouldn't say its a heavy watch - don't know what it weighs. Wonder why the switch to ti ?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Original Hecla, Endeavour and Leven with bracelet - might be the same blue, just different lighting....I'm not normally a fan of blue dialled watches but a bit tempted by the new Hecla with the matched blue bezel and applied indices....

hecla.jpg

endeavour.jpg

leven.jpg

leven2.jpg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts