WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just got my first ball. Got the fireman racer. Relatively lower tiered in the ball lineup so i wasnt expecting much. However, im quite pleasantly surprised. The quality is great and especially the finish.

This brings me to the subject of the thread. The strap is a rubber one with the special ball buckle.
1. Is the buckle fastened by springbar? Or is it actually screwed in as the sides of the buckle suggests? I pushed in the side of the strap a bit and saw what looked like spring bar shoulders.
2. This rubber is tough. Its just hard and scratchy too. Do these wear in to become more comfy? Im not a big rubber guy. So if it doesnt get more comfy with wear should i just switch it out and dont bother wasting my time wearing it in?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The buckle is held in place by a spring bar. Those "screws" are just decorative.

I have a Fireman Racer and I like the rubber strap. I don't recall much of a break in period but it will learn the curvature of your wrist as you wear it more. I would recommend wearing it for a week or two before giving up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I find wearing it a bit tight, or putting it in the "pillow" one notch beyond your wrist helps break in straps.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
For a second there I though I was seeing a bronze Fireman Racer. Interesting lighting.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Strap is an easy fix. About a million aftermarket straps for u to pick from. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts