WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the 70's Omegas... WTF were Omega on....?! :-d:p Actually this does make complete sense when you use one... really easy to read displays etc Very solid and thick and like all early quartz, very well made and dependable... Its quite a chunk but sits well on the wrist. :-!

·
Registered
454 Posts
:p :-! Oooh that's a beauty mate and yet another of my grails now in your possession (admittedly I've got a lot of grails though :roll:, most of em Omega's). Hope the cold doesn't last long but if you will go round snaffling up all my grails ;-) :-d.

Jon and I share a passion for all things 70's, especially watches and very especially Omega's who perfectly encapsulated the era with their innovative designs and superb engineering. The Chronoquartz or Albatross to give it its nickname is a great example of Omega's design and engineering nous.

Here's a bit more info for those interested.

http://www.mancini99.freeserve.co.uk/Chronoquartz_m.html

Well done again Jon, needless to say I'm very jealous.

Cheers,

Gary :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alex - LOL, Ive got a few articles written for DeskDivers but they wont come out for a while. We do intend to release the articals as a book (with some extra content) one day, which should make nice reading. Will the CQ be in there... I dunno, but it is a Seamaster and all the DeskDivers are huge Omega fans. :)

Gary, ahh so its you whos put a hex on me! ;) Thanks for the kind words, I do feel Omega were at the height of their innovation back in the mid 60s to mid 70s, such a shame they didnt continue through to now... ahh well.

Bruce, cool pix mate! I used to have a Dynamic (of course , ive owned most Omegas it seems LOL) and have to say that was an amazing design. The case innivation is shared with the Plorprof of course and would have been a winner for mass production, if not for servicing etc.

What will I buy next I wonder... hmmm.... off sick surfing the net... hmmm... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts