WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well many know how partial I am to the 70's Omegas... I mean, WTF were Omega on....?! :roll::-x:-d:p But, actually this does make complete sense when you use one... really easy to read displays etc Very solid and thick and like all early quartz, very well made and dependable... Its quite a chunk but sits well on the wrist.

Its actually two watches in one on a common circuit board, and runs off two batteries... You can see Omega were trying new stuff with these... Made for the 1976 Montreal Olympics - but Im not sure how long they made them (years) or how many... They dont seem that rare if you look round ebay but not many forumers own them - of course real WIS wont admit to liking electronic/quartz :-x:rodekaart:-s;-):-!:-d Anyway, heres the pics....

·
Registered
629 Posts
Congrat on such nice original ChronoQuartz. It is sure a unique watch. Very chunky indeed. Here is mine say hello..:-!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Now that is just hideous, wtf where Omega thinking when they dreamt that monstrosity up. Save your embarrassment Jon and send it to me to be safely disposed of. After all I live on the opposite end of the globe, so if your quick, hopefully no-one will see this carbuncle and you'll be safe from ridicule ;-) :-d.

Seriously though mate that's a beauty :pand yet another of my grails now in your possession (admittedly I've got a lot of grails though :roll:, most of 'em Omega's). Hope the cold doesn't last long but if you will go round snaffling up all my grails ;-) :-d.

Jon and I share a passion for all things 70's, especially watches and very especially Omega's who perfectly encapsulated the era with their innovative designs and superb engineering. The Chronoquartz or Albatross to give it its nickname is a great example of Omega's design and engineering nous.

Here's a bit more info for those interested.

http://www.mancini99.freeserve.co.uk/Chronoquartz_m.html

Well done again Jon, needless to say I'm very jealous.

Cheers,

Gary :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LMAO Gary! Hee hee... what can I say, im still mopping coffee off the laptop... LOL

meenyc - looks lovely, I need to grab some manuals for this one... anyone have one they dont need? in the meantime I'll check oldomegas...

Gary, seiously mate, you owe me a laptop! the keys areee stickkky on thiiis onnnee nooowww... grrrr ;)))

·
Registered
454 Posts
Gary, seiously mate, you owe me a laptop! the keys areee stickkky on thiiis onnnee nooowww... grrrr ;)))
:oops: Sorry mate. With a bit of luck though it'll slow you down on the 'bid now' button, tee, hee :-d. Could even improve your spelling too ;-).

Oh I love it when a plan comes together (cue evil laughter) :-d.

Cheers,

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts