WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had an Omega since the Seamaster my parents gave me in 1964. That one was unfortunately lost/stolen in 1966. So finally I bought a 2nd hand Speedmaster, the 3220.50.00. I got it because a chronograph was missing in my collection and I wanted an Omega again.

I quite like it:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

It's a beautifully made watch with some very nice complications. It keeps time well within COSC standards.

After wearing it for a while, I'm a bit hesitant though. Maybe I'll get used to it, but the face is a bit too busy for me. Maybe because it is "only" 40 mm?

What do you guys/girls think?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Mine says hi: Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Still life photography

As to your questions: of course, only you in your heart know if the watch is for you. I love the extra complications, but then again I have quite a few more simple watches so this is a changeup for me. I also see you have the black dial (which looks great) but I wanted (and got) a silver dial both because it was a change from my speedmaster professional and also because it struck me as a bit more of a formal look than the black. Just personal preference, that.

Anyway, I would give it a bit of time before you made a final decision. I am just crazy about mine. I have a bunch of watches but I seem to wear the triple date almost every other day. Its a great watch.

Reactions: jd163

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi,

I've had a couple of these.....one the same as CMFTR and the one below.

I agree with your comments about the dial being busy....and find it a contradiction that sub dial invade the 1/4 second graduations on the main dial.

That said I also found the movement reliable and accurate....and 12 years later...I still have the one pictured below.

Enjoy your triple date in good health.

Pat_B

Attachments

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Mine says hi! Most of my watches are simple 3 handers, quite a few divers, so I must say I like all the hands, dials, windows and complications :-!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats on the t-date it is a super timepiece. I think it wears real nice - I have the silver face version and find it a tad hard to read at times - but overall it is a favorite. I especially like the movement and the feedback from the rotor - as if it is reminding you that it is there! Wear your new watch in health.

BTW I have buffed out the clasp several times on this and other Omegas only to re-scratch them quickly, and I have now applied some transparent tape to the clasp. I replace it every few weeks. Does away with desk-top scratches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts