WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the G-2300 "Goldeneye" today and it is nice! My impressions are that the watch does not feel very big on the wrist but is still very noticeable and substantial. The feature-set is the best I've seen so far: Time, tough solar, world time, Databank, 5 alarms, chrono and CDT. The only thing missing is atomic and that's not even a big deal for me. It's a very cool watch and is very comfortable to wear. I think I have a new favorite.

I broke it in today by taking it to about 6,000/ft. in my buddies Cessna (1999 Cessna 172s) this evening. We pulled some negative G's and and the G-Shock(and my stomach) held up just fine. Here's a pic of it in action just after takeoff:

Me with my brother in the backseat:

Yes that is the ground right in front of us. Pretty cool!!! :-!

The Cessna 172s

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh man! why did you land! You were up there anyway.....JUUUUUUUMP!o|

The weather seems to be perfect for skydiving in the pics....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man! why did you land! You were up there anyway.....JUUUUUUUMP!o|

The weather seems to be perfect for skydiving in the pics....
I've never skydived but as I was up there I was thinking about what it must be like to jump out of an airplane from that height and I got this rush of adrenaline just thinking about it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've never skydived but as I was up there I was thinking about what it must be like to jump out of an airplane from that height and I got this rush of adrenaline just thinking about it.

Yeah, its a thrill....972 jumps and still counting. I have promised my girl once I get past the 1000 mark, I will stop, and I cincerely meant it. as it gets closer I am not so sure.

Back when I was in the army we used to call it "the perfect day"--a day when a parachute deployment training and firefight tactics/training is done consecutively. So you (1)jump, (2)shoot, then (3)jump the fence and get drunk with your buddies in a bar, (4)get in a good bar brawl, and (5)get lucky with a specimen from the opposite sex:-!
As much as I would like to say that it has happened to me, I have to say that I have had numerous partials (either #4 or #5 have been missing:-(, and I have had countless near misses, but god knows I REALLY TRIED HARD to make it happen:-d

·
Registered
455 Posts
By the way I HATE jumping out of Cessnas, those low doors, arrggghh! I have to literally get on my knees and roll out....sucks

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way I HATE jumping out of Cessnas, those low doors, arrggghh! I have to literally get on my knees and roll out....sucks
:-d:-d LOL, yeah you're right about the doors. I wouldn't want to jump out of one of those either. That's a ton of jumps, by the way, I'm impressed!

·
Registered
455 Posts
:-d:-d LOL, yeah you're right about the doors. I wouldn't want to jump out of one of those either. That's a ton of jumps, by the way, I'm impressed!

Believeme, this is NOT a ton of jumps (well, a ton is a 1000 kilos-I guess I am pretty close) but I know a lot of guys with .....about 4-5-6 tons of jumps.
By the way , a great watch. I have the same one around here somewhere-tough as nails. It was my main watch when I was working as a metal fabricator, took everything I threw at it--band saw work, mill duty, acid to clean the weld spots-you name it, this watch can take it:-!
Good purchase

·
Registered
461 Posts
Excellent pictures and a really nice watch!!!
|> |>

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi tseely, great pics.:-! You had some great flying weather down there the last few days. If you get over to Nampa, check out the Wally World there. They had a bunch of G's including the 2300B on clearance.

Mike.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi tseely, great pics.:-! You had some great flying weather down there the last few days. If you get over to Nampa, check out the Wally World there. They had a bunch of G's including the 2300B on clearance.

Mike.
Hey man, Thanks!!!! I'll have to check that out for sure. :-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Apart from cosmetics, does anyone know what the difference is between the G2300-9V and the G2310-1V?

G2300-9V...

G2310-1V...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Tseely,

That are some awesome photo's. That's a nice shirt you are wearing too BTW. Alse a very different way of showing us the Idaho landscape:-!

Cheers,

Sjors
Thanks Sjors! The shirt I was wear is a "Famous Stars and Straps" shirt and is one of my faves. I love the old-school boombox on the front. Frickin' sweet!

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Apart from cosmetics, does anyone know what the difference is between the G2300-9V and the G2310-1V?
hi bluegum,

the only difference is, that the inner ring and the light button are made of metal on the G-2310. I already would own one, but it is to shiny for me and I don't like shiny metal's at all (actually I hate them). nevertheless it adds some more "toughness" to the watch I think, though I never heard of a broken inner ring on a G-2300.

regards, holger

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
hi bluegum,

the only difference is, that the inner ring and the light button are made of metal on the G-2310. I already would own one, but it is to shiny for me and I don't like shiny metal's at all (actually I hate them). nevertheless it adds some more "toughness" to the watch I think, though I never heard of a broken inner ring on a G-2300.

regards, holger
Thanks Holger...yeah, it is a bit on the shiny side. You'd think they could have made it with a deeper, satin type finish.

May be you need it for signaling planes. :-d

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Thanks Holger...yeah, it is a bit on the shiny side. You'd think they could have made it with a deeper, satin type finish.
actually I think they made once a G-2310 with a mattfinished inner ring, similar to the one I got on my GL-7000RF....

...but I think they were all sold out quite a time ago. maybe on some chinese or japanes watch sites there are still some to find....

regards, holger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts