WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out guys... my NOS DW-5900... inspired by fellow forum-ers especially Gawain :-!

It's old-school and chunky, bigger than expected... interesting graphics and useful feature where the time appears in dual time & alarm mode... i especially like the textured dial :)

Downside is the absence of illumination but most of my mechanicals suffer from that condition as well :-d

Apparently it's approved by NASA..... "approved crew equipment watch for orbiter use only" (credit to Schirra's website: http://digilander.libero.it/generalresearch/main.html)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Very nice Sammy, the watch is in very mint condition from the pics. Of course you bought this online? I have never seen this anywhere in the stores.

Congrats, I like it a lot!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice Sammy, the watch is in very mint condition from the pics. Of course you bought this online? I have never seen this anywhere in the stores.

Yup... looks as new to me... i'm sure it had a battery change sometime. Got it off another Sales Forum.. great seller from the States |>

Personally, i find some older pieces more interesting than the current offers from Casio... the current ones are getting more 'generic', if you get what i mean....

·
Registered
247 Posts

Have seen it in some of the store.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Looks good! I've always wondered if perhaps a designer at Casio took a styling cue from the Audemars Royal Oak when the DW-5900 dial was conceived:

Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wohoo, 3 eyed "smiley" monster 5900, I lke that, very retro, congrats Sammy, you've got a keeper. Is that the gold lcd model?:-!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wohoo, 3 eyed "smiley" monster 5900, I lke that, very retro, congrats Sammy, you've got a keeper. Is that the gold lcd model?:-!
LCD looks kinda gold... I guess so... buttons are silver though... didn't realize there are variants for this model... :think:

what drew me to it was the symmetry ;-)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
LCD looks kinda gold... I guess so... buttons are silver though... didn't realize there are variants for this model... :think:

what drew me to it was the symmetry ;-)
Oh yes, there are some really nice variants and if I see them in a shop here, you can bet my wallet will be out in a flash. I love the white face 5900C-7, and the red marbled 5900D-1, but what takes the cake for me is the camo 5900F-3V, that is nice!!! These are very, very rare, the red marbled starts for about $366 on yahoo japan, yikes! Which do you like?

For more info, you can translate this page:
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ohte/5900.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts