WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy others who do this from time to time. This is my first one so here goes...

The standard unopened shipping coccoon from Texas.....Lets open it and get the party started...

The standard retail box inside with invoice. No bubble wrap or popcorn ;-)

Retail box has a cutout but nothin' is peaking out. Looks like it josolled around a bit in transit.

A look at the model number sticker on the base. Most of you now know what this is....

A flip open to take a closer look. No instructions in sight...

There you have it a brand new Gulfman G9100-1 in black.

The module is the 3088 of course...

Instructions neatly tucked underneath the display stand....

Profile views....

And lets no forget the Ti caseback.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Ciao,

Rob

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Nice one Rob ! It's a great watch, I love mine, :-! just leave it on that stand, the strap will kill you! ..........:-x ............:-d

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Congrats! Love that Gulfman! A fine choice and thanks for sharing the revelation...:-!

>>> Wrist shot next! ;-)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Very nice!! Congrats. I bet USPS didn't know a G was inside or they had taken good care of it:-! or... they went postal with your G!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Im with Riley one of the best Gs out there now. especially if you like the moon phase tide graph which I do. I have 3 and a glx 5600. I think it haso has one of the best el lights :-! some folks think its too bright but what the hey just move it a couple more inches from you face. :-d Its great for my old eyes :-d btw halloween is coming up and I scolled through my gulfman to see that I will have no moon that evening. :roll: just one extra feature you can use once a year :-d :-d

nice photos please add wrist shot :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Accurwrist - Congratulations on your new Gulfman. It will serve you well. B.t.w. Very nice stand you received with it.
Jurphaas :-!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats on your new Gulfman! I love it! :-!

Curious, is the case (the black one) also made of titanium?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Congrats on your new Gulfman! I love it! :-!

Curious, is the case (the black one) also made of titanium?
Good question Denzel. Actually a very important feature of why this watch appealed so much to me. It will be around saltwater alot.

I am not an expert on the construction of this watch and the Casio website and manual offer no specific spec on the case materials.

This is what I see. Caseback and screws are Titanium as is the strap screws. Edit: Push button stems Ti as well (according to past discussion threads/Lexxorcist) Case appears to be resin. Only item which is stainless steel is the buckle on the band. I think it would be cool if the entire case and band buckle were Ti also, but then again the price point would probably be triple.

So far, only having the watch for a couple of day, I think it is the best $61 (with shipping) watch investment I have ever made. The tide and lunar tech alone make this watch worth it.

Purchased from xcel watches: here
(i am not related to xcel)

Regards,

Rob

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hope u know how to use the tidegraph !!!!
Hi Mansrow,

Good point!

My tide and lunar graphs are spot on to local tide and lunar charts on the web.

The most important item to be aware of when setting the watch up is paying close attention to the Home Site Data setup. I could see how it might be easily overlooked or complicated for some. If this is not setup correctly the tide/lunar charts would be inaccurate.

**Important**
The manual book supplied with the watch in the retail packaging details the Home Site Data setup. However, manual book does not have the UTC Differential Charts, and the Site Lunitudinal Interval Data List need to complete the setup. You have to reference the online 3088.pdf manual which has this info to complete the setup.

I found one here

This maybe a reason there is some have issues with the setup.

This is one cool little wrist tech package. Glad I picked one up.

Regards,

Rob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good question Denzel. Actually a very important feature of why this watch appealed so much to me. It will be around saltwater alot.

I am not an expert on the construction of this watch and the Casio website and manual offer no specific spec on the case materials.

This is what I see. Caseback and screws are Titanium as is the strap screws. Edit: Push button stems Ti as well (according to past discussion threads/Lexxorcist) Case appears to be resin. Only item which is stainless steel is the buckle on the band. I think it would be cool if the entire case and band buckle were Ti also, but then again the price point would probably be triple.

So far, only having the watch for a couple of day, I think it is the best $61 (with shipping) watch investment I have ever made. The tide and lunar tech alone make this watch worth it.

Purchased from xcel watches: here
(i am not related to xcel)

Regards,

Rob
That's a good deal for $61 :) I happen to have the chance to hold a Gulfman this afternoon at a local shop and I was very surprised that this watch is very light. My Mudman weighs like a ton compared to this watch! It makes me think that due to it's lightness, throwing this watch straight into a brick wall wouldn't harm it a bit. Awesome! |> |>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts