WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw it on G-Central

No Solar and no radio Signal

The G-Shock GR-B200 Gravitymaster forgoes the solar power of the previous GR-B100but adds a Carbon Core Guard structure, Quad Sensor with step tracker, and carbon fiber bezel. Announced for August 2020 in Japan, the debut models include the black GR-B200-1AJF, black and blue GR-B200-1A2JF, and black and red GR-B200-1A9JF, with a list price of 42,000 JPY each.
The GR-B200 has a distinctive new look that is inspired by helicopter controls. All models have a carbon fiber bezel with a clear resin outer layer for protection. The new features are reminiscent of the GG-B100 Mudmaster and include a Quad Sensor with a pressure sensor (altimeter and barometer), compass, thermometer, and accelerometer for step counting. The GR-B200 also has sunrise/sunset time.
Combined with a Bluetooth-connected smartphone, the GR-B200 offers a Mission Log function that records altitude points from the watch and GPS points from the phone. The Calorie Consumption Display calculates data from the step counter and takes altitude measurement into account. The Location Indicator records a current location on the app, and the watch acts as a backtracking device by pointing to the location with the second hand and showing the distance on the LCD display. The watch automatically adjusts the time through the Bluetooth connection and has a phone finder function. The menu mode on the LCD display is customizable.
Other features include shock resistance, 200-meter water resistance, mineral glass with a spherical curved surface, 38-city world time (38 time zones, with auto DST, UTC, home time swap), 1/100-second stopwatch (1-second increments for one hour or more, 24 hour total, with split), 24-hour countdown timer, 5 alarms, and auto Super Illuminator dual LED lights with afterglow (1.5 or 3 seconds). The battery specifications were not listed, but we would expect it to be the same (approximately 2 years) as the GG-B100.

G-Shock GR-B200-1A

G-Shock GR-B200-1A2

G-Shock GR-B200-1A9

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
My GR-B100 arrived the other day and although it's missing MB6, at least it has solar and a positive lcd. I have no intention of using BT on my watch. This new model is a hard pass for me considering it has battery hungry BT and other sensors. The look is rather rugged for a Gravity Master.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Casio product designer

Second designer: Yes and screw positive displays they so last century!

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Prefer the current gravity master if I’m honest, but hey, never say never!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Why Casio removing Solar feature of those G-shocks is beyond me.
Is there ever a solar+Bluetooth G-Shock model? If not, maybe Bluetooth is more demanding in voltage etc that rechargeable solar battery alone may not support?

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
For better or worse, I prefer, and very strongly prefer, Solar and MB-6. I have BT on one watch and have never ever paired it up ( nor will I ). I do not like or need any needless hassles or frustrations, judg69

·
Registered
8 Posts
"The new features are reminiscent of the GG-B100 Mudmaster."

Screw this. It is the exact same module. The same module used on the PRT-B50 Pro Trek as well. That is the same module used on two different "Master of G's" and one Pathfinder. Casio at its laziest. The PRT-B50 can be bought for 130.00$, yet the British Army Mudmaster cost 450.00$, with the exact same bluetooth module. Screw this.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts