WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well yeah, different models have different designs.

Ok, but please tell me any past Gravitymaster and Mudmaster that have the exact same module, and the only difference was the design? Not to mention, the Casio Pro Trek PRT-B50 has the EXACT SAME MODULE. This is getting ridiculous. The only difference between the newest Bluetooth Gravitymaster, Mudmaster, and Pathfinder, is the design??? Can you see how stupid this is?

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I guess we now know what the new RAF collab is going to be based on. That only leaves the Royal Navy version, which I somehow doubt will be based on the new Frogman considering the price. Maybe a cheaper, carbon core Gulfmaster is coming. Hmmm

Reactions: Miklos86

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Is there ever a solar+Bluetooth G-Shock model? If not, maybe Bluetooth is more demanding in voltage etc that rechargeable solar battery alone may not support?
GR-B100 for examples and some others but not ABC/BT/Solar that not like Casio can't do it just so far at least not in analog digital to be exact with ABC/BT/Solar. Though is you count Rangebeast and it's derivative (sports runners) these are BT/GPS/ABC/Solar and Casio is capable of doing it in pure digital.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yeah I don’t understand all these newer models coming out without solar and/or MB6. It’s fine if it’s a lower end, basic G. But they’re releasing these $300 watches running on batteries. I know it’s not like it’s a fortune, but am I the only one who thinks the G’s in that price range should at least have solar???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yeah I don’t understand all these newer models coming out without solar and/or MB6. It’s fine if it’s a lower end, basic G. But they’re releasing these $300 watches running on batteries. I know it’s not like it’s a fortune, but am I the only one who thinks the G’s in that price range should at least have solar???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree. Solar is one of the main, selling points of Gs for me - doesn't need maintenance and wouldn't open the case every few years to jeopardise WR. If it doesn't have solar it should be at least cheap.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Having owned 3 different "Gravity Masters", I've been a fan of the line-up for a long time. This one however looks like a bootleg mudmaster and is the first gravity master I've disliked the design and features of.

·
Registered
234 Posts
G-Shocks are beginning to look like parodies of each other.
lol!

style: I think it looks like a bomb blast proof G. I like it. I like the light button. And the color ways.

concerns: obvious looks to the GG-b100 but better, SO,. I wonder if the light on the digital is the same as the GG. I didn’t like it and sent mine back as the display when lit looked green and “cloudy” which seemed “cheapish” to me. IMO.
Also, YEAH, sans solar atomic? Bummer.

Why Casio removing Solar feature of those G-shocks is beyond me.
@x-shocker I think it’s the power drain also,.. and I think they are tying to split solar atomic with “ABC” functionality to maybe spreed desirability across more models and promote purchases.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Absolutely agree. Solar is one of the main, selling points of Gs for me - doesn't need maintenance and wouldn't open the case every few years to jeopardise WR. If it doesn't have solar it should be at least cheap.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I agree sadly as many models that are without solar are so amazing. But for me once I had a few solar models, a non solar purchase feels like it’s lacking from the jump. I could get over it but there’s something about that option. It’s like it is “time and power resilience”.

I bet its one of the models that actually looks better IRL. Anyone got a pic of the back/sides?

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
No solar....wont the BT and other sensors drain the battery quickly?
BT uses very little power. a good example is to look at the estimated life for the gbx
Battery life: Approximately 2 years
ConditionsDisplay: 21 hours/day
Step counting: 12 hours/day
Bluetooth Connection Time: 12hours/day
Notifications (including vibration): 20times/day
Run Timing: 2 hours/weekAlarm: Once (10 seconds)/day
Illumination: Once (1.5 seconds)/day
12 hours a day along with all the other power draining functions and its still rated as 2 years. casio is renowned for underrating their battery estimates too.

same goes for the ggb which this is based off
Battery life: Approximately 2 years
Conditions
Auto Time Adjustment: 4 times/day
Alarm: Once (10 seconds)/day
Illumination: Once (1.5 seconds)/day
Direction readings: 60 secondscontinuous, 20 times/month
Climbs: 1/month
ー Altitude MeasurementEvery second for 3 minutes + every 5seconds for 57 minutes
ー Barometric Pressure ChangeIndicationsEvery second for 3 minutes + every 2minutes for 23 hours and 57 minutes
ー Mission Log MeasurementEvery 2 minutes for 12 hours
ー Location Indicator Measurement10 times for 3 minutes each
Step counting: 12 hours/day
Auto bearing calibration measurements:10 times/day
Barometric pressure graphmeasurements: 12 times/day
the abc functions would use more power but going by this, it really doesnt seem that bad at all.
for the average user, i would class this as heavy use, so if you did want to preserve battery life, it wouldnt be difficult to have it last at least double that time. i mean, honestly, whos checking the baro 12 times a day for 2 years straight?? haha 😂

i used to think abc's had to have solar but its clear with low to moderate use ie. the majority of owners, battery life is hardly a worry. even if it was, a couple bucks and 5min will sort it out, just like we've done on all our other non solars for decades (y)

Yup. Reason I wouldn't keep the British Army GG, it was a looker but not very practical.
too much baro-ing? haha
how many battery changes did you do before you came to that conclusion? 😜

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Casio product designer
View attachment 15374201

Second designer: Yes and screw positive displays they so last century!
its a similar mid size ana-digi module along the lines of the ggb and ga800. likely to be smaller than the grb100 (and the new released gbdh and gwfa and possibly the gbd) so that would make it the smallest gravitymaster of the recent new models. im guessing itll sit around the size of te gwa1000/1100 which looks like the gap it will be filling.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
"The new features are reminiscent of the GG-B100 Mudmaster."

Screw this. It is the exact same module. The same module used on the PRT-B50 Pro Trek as well. That is the same module used on two different "Master of G's" and one Pathfinder. Casio at its laziest. The PRT-B50 can be bought for 130.00$, yet the British Army Mudmaster cost 450.00$, with the exact same bluetooth module. Screw this.
so buy the protrek and forget all about LE's and Gs for that matter. problem solved (y)

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
back on track....
first time i saw these i was like whoa, did it have an allergic reaction to something?

🤣🤣

but after a couple minutes of drinking it in (with a bunch of antihistamine) ive come to the realisation that i dont mind it at all. esp. digging the oversized buttons. still not a huge fan of the sprinkled coconut look of the cf bezel (one of the reasons why i still havent gotten a ggb) also really missing the angular bumpers/button protectors of classic Gs, the plain ol circular bezels look a bit too generic, but that orange one is calling me. will have to see irl pics before making the call tho.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't know...the blue one is kinda cool but I really can't deal with the tough solar lack on this price range (as for the quad sensor mudmaster which I would bougth if only it have had tough solar); moreover, I'm still not so sure about the buttons' protrusions on the right side of the case...I go for the allergic reaction hypothesis made by Tetsu Tekubi :LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
its a similar mid size ana-digi module along the lines of the ggb and ga800. likely to be smaller than the grb100 (and the new released gbdh and gwfa and possibly the gbd) so that would make it the smallest gravitymaster of the recent new models. im guessing itll sit around the size of te gwa1000/1100 which looks like the gap it will be filling.
Tetsu, it's 63X54X18 mm by Casio measurements. I am not convinced it's midsize watch.
GA800 is midsize by G-Shock standards at 54X48X15mm

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Tetsu, it's 63X54X18 mm by Casio measurements. I am not convinced it's midsize watch.
GA800 is midsize by G-Shock standards at 54X48X15mm
midsized MODULE, not case + outer dimension. re. the smaller digi window module of the ggb instead of the larger gwg, which would make it a mid size model compared to the other ends of the gravitymaster line being the ga1000 and the gpw2000.

side note: pretty sure this would be the first gravitymaster model to actually sport the name.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts