WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From G-Central.

G-Shock GA-2100 Retro-Style Ana-Digi with Carbon Core Guard G-Shock, News

G-Shock releases a retro-inspired analog-digital watch with the Carbon Core Guard…

The all-new G-Shock GA-2100 series is coming to Japan in August 2019. Like the recent GA-2000, the GA-2100 is a Carbon Core Guard model, but unlike other recent carbon models, it has a retro G-Shock look thanks to its octagonal bezel and traditionally shaped resin bands. The GA-2100 is actually inspired by the design and shape of the first-ever G-Shock DW-5000C but in a combination analog and digital form. At 11.8 millimeters, it is the thinnest analog-digital G-Shock watch available.

See the rest of the article here:
https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-ga-2100-retro-style-ana-digi-with-carbon-core-guard

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
That red one has different, GBA800 hands. Can't remember another model that has variants with hardware differences like that. The variantion is most often just in the colorway.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Looks like a standard 16mm G-Shock lug with quick release feature.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I love 'em. So good to see Casio (and other watch companies) putting a stop to the recent insanity of big, BIGGER, AND EVEN BIGGER!!! watches, many of which, to me, appear simply clownlike when worn out in the real world. Also, it's great to see an actually legible analog dial, unlike some with so much clutter on the dial it's nearly impossible to discern the actual time.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I want the strap for my GW5K :-D

Reactions: perfectlykevin

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
i can't tell is that edifice or g-shock.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
I love 'em. So good to see Casio (and other watch companies) putting a stop to the recent insanity of big, BIGGER, AND EVEN BIGGER!!! watches, many of which, to me, appear simply clownlike when worn out in the real world. Also, it's great to see an actually legible analog dial, unlike some with so much clutter on the dial it's nearly impossible to discern the actual time.
depends what you mean by recent as the last couple years theyve been heading in the other direction with downsized revisions of some of the larger models and new models like the ga800/gd800 not to mention continually adding to the range of smaller models that already exist, have you not seen the explosion of squares?

personally i think wishing the G line was all dinky, tiny little things is like wishing for a small, streamlined humvee thats good on fuel and easy to park haha

that said, i have to commend casio on another genius move, they have a gap in their line up for simplified slim models so i expect to see this part of the range getting some action. thing with smaller watches tho is smaller subdials/subdisplays, i wonder if those complaining about big watches will also complain about small subdials? :think:
once again, these look like theyve come from a baby g, actually the whole design looks very baby g-y

they even stole the octo bez idea

so now, instead of baby gs being baby versions of regular g's, regular g's are ....dare i say it... being babies?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Not a big fan of the hex shape bezel otherwise like it.

Does the band fit 5600/5610s?

Edit: octagon. Terrible at counting.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am interested, I have only liked 2 analog models so far, the gw-3500 and gd-110, this is the third one (in picture), wonder how flat it is in real life

·
Registered
754 Posts
what? is is gonna be from 160 to 180 USD? that is too expensive for me, thought it was in the range of 99 to 120

1 - 20 of 610 Posts