WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

561 - 580 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
If you make a Casio purchase of $350 or more, you get a free ga-2100 from Topper Jewelers. Pretty incredible deal on my opinion. Check out Dougfnj's review. If you type his name in you even get some other Casio gift.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just noticed that prices seem to be going down in the resale market for the GA2100. One just sold for $95, shipped.
I thought it was crazy seeing them for $200... I'm glad prices are finally coming down.

I actually have one incoming from Reeds that I bought at MSRP.
That is great to hear. I'm not a traditional G-Shocker but the GA looks just slim and different enough it's really tempting. But only at MSRP. Good job on finding one at that price and hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Perhaps Casio is making more of them (having been caught unaware that the watch would be a huge seller) or folks wanting them are simply just waiting and nobody is willing to pay money for a marked up one. I mean there were folks trying to sell them for $200 or more.

I actually just sold my new one for $135. It was brand new and picked up from the AD that day. I had told him to order it for me and I paid upfront for it. I wanted to see what all the fuss is about on this model. After getting it, I did not like it in person. I left the AD and put it up for sale and it sold. I made no money on it. i just broke even. But I was not out for profit, I just wanted come out even when all the expenses were tallied (price of the watch, shipping, fees, shipping supplies) and I did.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Perhaps Casio is making more of them (having been caught unaware that the watch would be a huge seller) or folks wanting them are simply just waiting and nobody is willing to pay money for a marked up one. I mean there were folks trying to sell them for $200 or more.

I actually just sold my new one for $135. It was brand new and picked up from the AD that day. I had told him to order it for me and I paid upfront for it and after getting it, I did not like it in person. I left the AD and put it up for sale and it sold. I made no money on it. i just broke even. But I was not out for profit, I just wanted come out even when all the expenses were tallied (price of the watch, shipping, fees, shipping supplies) and I did.
I saw yesterday that you put yours up for sale... (Watchrecon addict) Good price sold quick

·
Registered
190 Posts
It makes me happy the prices are coming down as more are being made available. I'm on the notification list from G-Shock Canada and the GA2100-1A1 tends to sell out in about 30 mins of it being available. As I've already got one, I'm holding out for the Yellow, which for some reason I haven't seen here in Canada yet, though they had them in Amsterdam when I was there back in the Spring and yes I'm kicking myself for not picking one up then.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It makes me happy the prices are coming down as more are being made available. I'm on the notification list from G-Shock Canada and the GA2100-1A1 tends to sell out in about 30 mins of it being available. As I've already got one, I'm holding out for the Yellow, which for some reason I haven't seen here in Canada yet, though they had them in Amsterdam when I was there back in the Spring and yes I'm kicking myself for not picking one up then.
Ebay has em via Japan sellers. Not the cheapest, but surprisingly not bad. I saw one selling for about $150 US, shipped.

I wanted the yellow at one point, but another WUS member pointed out that it looks like a DeWalt drill, and it ruined it for me

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Yup, my goal was just to break even when all was said and done and not be out of pocket and that was achieved.
Agreed! I'm not not gonna fault anyone for jacking up the price if the market calls for it, but I certainly wouldn't do it. It just feels wrong to me, idk.

My goal is always to get out what I put in when I flip... no more, no less (hopefully).

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
For those in the USA that want the black GA2100-1A1 at at least the MSRP price, check out Little Treasury in Maryland. They are a forum sponsor and they have a few left now(as of 2pm today). Unless you are in Maryland, all you would be paying is the MSRP price and whatever shipping price it costs. There is no tax to out of state buyers. For those of us in Maryland, it will be MSRP plus tax.

The nice thing about buying from them is that they are a AD so there is a valid warranty with a stamped warranty card and they sponsor WUS

They also sell the new analog Frogman so if you wanted one but did not want ot import one from out of the USA or wanted a valid warranty then this is a good place to buy them.

Topper's is another place for G-Shocks. Just like Little Treasury the service at Topper's is great. You never walk out or buy online/over the phone at Little Treasury or Topper's feeling like you were not well served because you bought a sub $500 watch and not a high dollar Omega or something. The service is just as great whether you bought a $70 Casio or a $7000 Omega.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ebay has em via Japan sellers. Not the cheapest, but surprisingly not bad. I saw one selling for about $150 US, shipped.

I wanted the yellow at one point, but another WUS member pointed out that it looks like a DeWalt drill, and it ruined it for me
I actually just want the core module to throw in my AP bracelet mod. As much as I like the all black version, it is damn hard to read in anything but bright sunlight.

561 - 580 of 610 Posts