WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

581 - 600 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
View attachment 15500900

My recently purchased and modded '90's throwback' model.

I'm very happy with how it's turned out; it's pretty much the opposite of the blacked out model!
That’s a really cool mod! Well done! I love the color on the bezel. Did you paint that yourself I’m guessing?

Reactions: johnny.bravus

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ah good, they’re available and prices are dropping after I get a couple of GBX100’s, because I totally need more watches lol.

I think I’ll be sitting these out some more until the drop a color I really really love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I did indeed. Multiple layers of nail polish applied, then carefully removed so as not to drag the different colours over the top of each other.
This is one of the best mods I’ve seen in a while. Well done sir! You’re an asset to the community. Hahaha. Really, it is super cool.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did Anyone find good strap for this watch? The original one is even worse than one on gw5600. l did the metal Mod, but the became too heavy and lost its purpose for me, so went back to original and this strap is not fun :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did Anyone find good strap for this watch? The original one is even worse than one on gw5600. l did the metal Mod, but the became too heavy and lost its purpose for me, so went back to original and this strap is not fun :(
Im in the same boat as you, not really favoring the original band. I’ve had the triple black on a v1 and v2 combi and so far I give the slight edge to the v2 only cause it’s lighter. Both are very comfortable; can’t go wrong with either one.

I also have the camo version on a jays and jays metal band. So far I like it. Although it’s heavier than both combi versions it still wears very comfortable... and it’s cheaper than a combi. With the bezels swapped these look on point.

7B321576-7F30-41F4-A41E-F7224C3E1966.jpeg

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Im in the same boat as you, not really favoring the original band. I’ve had the triple black on a v1 and v2 combi and so far I give the slight edge to the v2 only cause it’s lighter. Both are very comfortable; can’t go wrong with either one.

I also have the camo version on a jays and jays metal band. So far I like it. Although it’s heavier than both combi versions it still wears very comfortable... and it’s cheaper than a combi. With the bezels swapped these look on point.

View attachment 15505138
I wasn't aware I could toss a combi on these. I never really bothered to check. I might have to do this. The 2100's just don't seem to sit comfortably on my wrist and I think a large reason is the strap.

·
Registered
421 Posts
There are adapters for using different straps on aliexpress.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
There are adapters for using different straps on aliexpress.
Do I need the adapters for a Casio combi?

Edit: I suppose I could just remove one my combos and check. Hahaha. But I’d prefer to save myself the time and effort

·
Registered
150 Posts

Edit: I suppose I could just remove one my combos and check. Hahaha. But I’d prefer to save myself the time and effort
adaptors aren't needed but the spring bars are slightly larger diameter where they go into the lugs, i've had combis on my 2100 with the bars from a 5600 and they do hold fine but theres movement, movement which I guess would risk damage if there was impact, whereas better fitting springbars would reduce the risk

I don't know what the exact springbar size is to get a pair that are not quick release to go with the combi band...

·
Registered
82 Posts

No adapters needed but there’s some play where the lugs, nothing serious or anything. If anything it adds some flexibility to the bracelet. I don’t remember the exact size of the spring bars but they’re larger than the normal ones Casio uses. The fit is the same for v1 and v2 combi

8C4EB04F-550D-4F21-BFA2-F0B5984BF90A.jpeg

793F5511-5A44-4E49-B1D9-90AF0E44C79C.jpeg

CCEE177F-C030-4910-ABA4-5294AC108DEA.jpeg

·
Registered
421 Posts
I meant: Adapters only needed when you want to add a nato or leather strap or so. :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Reactions: aj11fan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Recently switched to the GW-5000-1 strap after reading around about fitment. This is the Japan-made one, not the Thailand one. So far, it's much softer than the Original while maintaining the same lightness. It doesn't dig into my wrist as much, which is a good thing!

I'm now waiting for the correct spring bars to come in the mail. (I'm currently using a generic 16mm bar but it's way too thin)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Has anyone noticed with the ga 2100 that the straps at the lugs are kinda loose and noisy? I didn't notice it until I wore it a little more comfortably and heard creaking. I have a square with the new spring bar quick release setup, and I didn't notice the same play that I do on the ga 2100.

Anyways, I decided not to flip mine. It took a while but I warmed up to it, plus it's my only ani-digi G-Shock, so it's a nice addition to the collection.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Has anyone noticed with the ga 2100 that the straps at the lugs are kinda loose and noisy? I didn't notice it until I wore it a little more comfortably and heard creaking. I have a square with the new spring bar quick release setup, and I didn't notice the same play that I do on the ga 2100.

Anyways, I decided not to flip mine. It took a while but I warmed up to it, plus it's my only ani-digi G-Shock, so it's a nice addition to the collection.
Some G-Shocks seem to make a rubbing sound. I have a few like that, It is usually ether that nub rests on the case back or the sides of the strap that rest against the watch lugs. If you ever noticed in Sodamonkey's G-Shock tear downs that the part of the case back under the band nub is very worn. This is because it moves all the time and the rubber moves over it during wear

my new GWM-5610 makes a bit of a creaking also

It is fine

581 - 600 of 610 Posts