WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

641 - 660 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
The sad thing is the fake is much easier to read at a glance (especially the digital part) then the real one :D
I couldn’t disagree more. The digital portion is of significantly lower quality in my opinion. In saying that, the authentic is also very difficult to read.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, damn. I now see what the fuss was about. This thing is awesome (GA-2100-1A1). I’m completely new to G-Shock so here are my impressions besides the obvious ones:
  • Resin is silky silky smooth. Was worried it might be gummy and lint-collecting, like some silicone or rubber straps, but it is not.
  • For some reason, I was half expecting the bezel to be hard plastic, since I’ve seen some watches with separate bezel materials (the yellow GA-2110SU almost looked like it). For anyone curious, bezel material is the same soft-touch resin as the band and outer case.
  • Taking it out of the tin, it felt almost precious and cute, in a good way. I wouldn’t want it any bigger of course. It’s a great size.
  • Readability of the analog hands is not bad (I could be in the minority). Of course it’s harder to see the precise time because the minute indices are so faint, but because the entire dial is blacked out, I think it’s actually easier to glance and get an approximate reading compared to busier watches like the GA-400 or GA-700.
  • While the band felt a little rigid at first, it’s conforms to the wrist pretty well after a minute of wear.
  • Buttons are not that easy to press; doesn’t bother me though, I’d be more bothered by big, over-the-top buttons.
I lucked out and got it for only slightly over retail from a clothing site in the UK (End), but they are sadly sold out. It was in stock for a few days though — keep checking anywhere you can. You might find a random clothing site that has these in stock, even if it seems too good to be true. Just check that it isn’t fake after it shows up (thanks Babyivan for that video link).

Nasty bathroom mirror shots for anyone who wants a realistic 6.5” wrist reference. I was worried about it being too large and it’s not bad at all.

·
Vendor
361 Posts
Looks like a
GA-2110SU-9AJF
and strap can be found

Nice ~ !

Can you please give us some details as to what model 2100 this is, and the ballistic nylon 3 ring Zulu is from?

Thanks,
Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've mentioned this elsewhere but worth repeating. If you're in the UK and you're emergency services/forces/retired emergency, then you can qualify for BlueLightCard. Costs a fiver for two years. Gives 20% off G-SHOCK. I've got a stealth GA2100 en route for £79. Gives loads and loads of discounts on other shops. For example, KFC 25% off.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I've mentioned this elsewhere but worth repeating. If you're in the UK and you're emergency services/forces/retired emergency, then you can qualify for BlueLightCard. Costs a fiver for two years. Gives 20% off G-SHOCK. I've got a stealth GA2100 en route for £79. Gives loads and loads of discounts on other shops. For example, KFC 25% off.
I'm already in the club

Just to confirm, that's 20% off of the G-Shock UK website. Also it's not valid for some of the limited/special edition watches. I had to buy my Bamford 5610 at full price. It does mention it in the Details section under the watch photo.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Glass size of the GA2100 is about 32mm, i think 32.5mm. Protector with 31mm is too small.
Dunno the crystal size down to the micron but I ordered some tempered glass protectors from AE for about a quid each. I got 31mm.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Glass size of the GA2100 is about 32mm, i think 32.5mm. Protector with 31mm is too small.
I have 33mm on mine, fits perfect, can't tell its there, when applying it I unscrew the bezel first but leave it on, then carefully push it through the bezel top bottom left right so its perfectly seated centrally, then remove the bezel to make sure its on properly all over, then stick the bezel back on

·
Registered
41 Posts
Two new variations will be released in November
View attachment 15518033
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that these two new variants are now available for purchase on the GShock US site. I've already placed my order for the gray version.

Gray Version:

Navy version:

(Edit: Sold Out Again) And here's a bonus heads up (though I assume it's already been mentioned somewhere)....the blacked out stealth version is back in stock as well:

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think the lume ot hands is great. Lume of indices is missing.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Awesome. Congrats! I've been dying to see some live pictures of the gray to see if I should add it to my all black. I know it's wishful thinking, but did Casio decide to add some lume to those little white indices on the gray?

My grey GA2110 arrived! Thanks for the tip @4fit !

Loving it so far and MUCH more legible than the blackout.

View attachment 15558310

641 - 660 of 682 Posts