WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

761 - 780 of 810 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yikes, what kind of torch could cause that?! Or did you press it up against the crystal or something?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
There exist compact torches that can genuinely output 3000-4000 lumen, albeit briefly. The beam can burn paper or cloth, particularly if it is colored black.

If you were silly enough to hold a flashlight like this close to the dial of a watch - particularly a black one - I can imagine it would cause the damage that scrumpypaul has pictured.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I've realised the problem.

I'm a complete wazzock. A proper berk. A right pillock.

I used a small, but powerful torch, last night to charge the lume on the hands before I went to bed. I clearly used it for too long/too bright.

Now, I wouldn't in my wildest dreams have expected it to have led to any problems, but I suppose it has.

I think I may just have to suck this up. Perhaps take the module off and remove the wrinkled sticker and try to pop the little hand back on. Not that I could ever see what day of the week it was pointing to anyway.

Ho hum, you live, you learn......
Sorry to hear! Next time just use an UV light to charge the lume!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117 Posts
My first mod ever. Upon request of my son.

GA2100SU-1 with GA2100-1A1 bezel.

View attachment 15625758
View attachment 15625757

I wish a Happy New Year to everyone!
I just got the same watch and thought I might swap a black bezel. I like the camo bezel better in person than I thought I would now that I have it. I think the black bezel might look good with the G-Shock Protection painted in orange.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I just got the same watch and thought I might swap a black bezel. I like the camo bezel better in person than I thought I would now that I have it. I think the black bezel might look good with the G-Shock Protection painted in orange.
Customizing them really easy. I bought a black / white and a camo and swapped the cases & markers:

Have a silver one on order, as well as spare all black / stealth and black / white bezels; plan to do some additional customizations on them

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
Oris Aquis Date titanium
5,317 Posts
I wonder why the grey one is discontinued so soon. Was hoping to have more time to decide if I wanted to go back on my promise to stick with the 1 watch. Everyone should have a back up G Shock though right?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Nice. Mod with the grey one or did you flip the display?
Mod with parts from:

1- Regular black / white model (case and outer ring)
2- Dial, bezel and hands from Camo model
3- Positive display / complete movement from grey model.

Here is how the other 2 look now:

Black / white model with camo case and inner ring):

Grey model with camo model negative display movement (think brings better contrast on the watch look in general):

761 - 780 of 810 Posts