WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

781 - 800 of 810 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Outside of Chrono24 and Fleabay, your options are limited. Pricing is already reflecting the outgoing models availability but it looks like there's a few used ones on Watchrecon - some sellers not price gouging 'that' bad. I lucked out and snagged mine before Christmas on thedrop.com for only $99.00

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,323 Posts

I got the gray model from my AD yesterday. It is definitely the best looking model yet and like everyone else, I am a bit baffled by their decision to pull it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mod with parts from:

1- Regular black / white model (case and outer ring)
2- Dial, bezel and hands from Camo model
3- Positive display / complete movement from grey model.

Here is how the other 2 look now:

Black / white model with camo case and inner ring):

Grey model with camo model negative display movement (think brings better contrast on the watch look in general):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
how easy is it to swap the digital displays between these?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You'll have to disassemble the module. I described steps here when i converted mine to positive display and failed (as the lcd is pretty thin and slim) and finally fixed, in the link below

Edit: I just noticed that pics are unavailable, sorry for your inconvenience

·
Registered
7,622 Posts

You'll have to disassemble the module. I described steps here when i converted mine to positive display and failed (as the lcd is pretty thin and slim) and finally fixed. In the link below

I did not dissasemble the LCD modules, but rather switched the complete movements and swap the dials and hands (have the right tools for that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
128 Posts
Really liking the grey one. I was reluctant since the others had negative displays. This one however.
Also the lume has a strong initial burst but fades away rather quickly. I'd say it's slightly above Hamitlon's lume quality.
So yeah, about as strong as most Swiss brands.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Use of a hexagon! In which case, dozens of other watch companies would be sued also

But going back to the original question- nobody knows why. It seems to still be actively marketed on G shock’s UK Instagram as of a few days ago, so who knows if it really got axed

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’ve seen the camo version also described as a limited release, but new stock still appears occasionally. Maybe it’s meant to fuel the demand.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Forgot to ask. Why did Casio discontinued the grey one?
Because AP might go after them? Or because of a random "Because I said so"?
No one knows.
But : scarcity creates desire.
Look how timex did it when the Q Reissue came out.😁

781 - 800 of 810 Posts