WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1094 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ah ok, just someone trying to make a quick buck then I guess, definitely not official :p

New blue 'hidden coast' model came in today. Black bezel and combi bracelet inbound to swap out with the transparent pieces. Is there any way to "date" the watch with the code on the back? It's not the same format as the batch code on other G's I've had, but I know that not every G gets a batch code printed/engraved on it.

These models were just released. I'm guessing it was made about 3 months ago?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Huge improvement! Now just waiting on the bracelet to get here!

Definitely going to invert the display, it's really terrible.

Yes indeed, that really works, very sharp........ (y) (y)

That'll be another for the list of acquisitions then...........:rolleyes:
Cheerz,

Alan

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,342 Posts

Whoa that looks nice with the black bezel. I’m oddly getting Tudor blue Pelagos vibes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,455 Posts

Mine arrived today... I thought about doing what you're doing, making it black. But I like it on the OE transparent pieces.

Also, not sure if you're aware, but the combi will have some play at the lugs, as these quick release strapped G-Shocks actually have their lug holes further out. It works just fine nonetheless, if you don't mind it being a less than perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Mine arrived today... I thought about doing what you're doing, making it black. But I like it on the OE transparent pieces.

Also, not sure if you're aware, but the combi will have some play at the lugs, as these quick release strapped G-Shocks actually have their lug holes further out. It works just fine nonetheless, if you don't mind it being a less than perfect fit.
I actually prefer it on the oem strap and bezel, too. I am on the fence on getting one since I have 3 others I rarely wear. Anyway, looks good!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I actually prefer it on the oem strap and bezel, too. I am on the fence on getting one since I have 3 others I rarely wear. Anyway, looks good!
Thanks bud! Yeah, as of late I've been getting into these. Part of the attraction is that they are easy to sell should I get bored, lol.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Dang, I did not know that...that may drive me bananas. How’s the stock black strap feel compared to other G’s? More like the 5610 or more like a GW-5000? Somewhere in between maybe?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Dang, I did not know that...that may drive me bananas. How’s the stock black strap feel compared to other G’s? More like the 5610 or more like a GW-5000? Somewhere in between maybe?
I would say that the translucent strap is a little more plasticy than a traditional black strap, but not too far off. And it's not something that I think will bother you, unless you're particular.

You can always grab the all black ga2100 strap from pacparts, which has the proper quick release style that you need. That strap is pretty good, even a little softer than the 5610, and the buckle on the all black is frosted, which is much preferred (by me, at least) over the chrome one.

Of course, they are not as cheap as the 5610 ones, as casio hiked the price on the newer style straps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry, random question, might have been answered before.

I recently ordered (yet to arrive) GA2100 SKE and the DW5600 SKE with the transparent straps / bezels. I know straps will turn yellow at some point, but do the bezels turn yellow too?

My backup plan is to order the standard black GA2100 straps when my straps turn yellow, or dye them black/smoked transparent. But I really like the transparent bezels and don't want to alter them.

This question applies to the blue hidden coast model posted above as well, with the transparent bezel.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hi, go here:

Firstly, apologies, I proffered duff intel regarding those adapters, these are the actual ones that I have used:

The adapters that I originally recommended are, well, unfortunately....rubbish!! How do I know, I bought some and found out the hard way. The ones in the link above are a far better fit, have quick release spring bars and look better, needless to say I have reordered to cover my faux pas.

hope that this helps and have a great weekend.

Cheerz,

Alan

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Firstly, apologies, I proffered duff intel regarding those adapters, these are the actual ones that I have used:

The adapters that I originally recommended are, well, unfortunately....rubbish!! How do I know, I bought some and found out the hard way. The ones in the link above are a far better fit, have quick release spring bars and look better, needless to say I have reordered to cover my faux pas.

hope that this helps and have a great weekend.

Cheerz,

Alan
Why not just get the Jays & Kays adapters??

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry, random question, might have been answered before.

I recently ordered (yet to arrive) GA2100 SKE and the DW5600 SKE with the transparent straps / bezels. I know straps will turn yellow at some point, but do the bezels turn yellow too?

My backup plan is to order the standard black GA2100 straps when my straps turn yellow, or dye them black/smoked transparent. But I really like the transparent bezels and don't want to alter them.

This question applies to the blue hidden coast model posted above as well, with the transparent bezel.

Thanks in advance!
Here is a pic of a clear G I’ve had for a couple of years next to some newer clear ones. It definitely will turn yellow over time but it never really bothered me because it doesn’t look dirty like some lighter colored resin does when it ages. I leave all of my watches on top of my dresser and my place gets quite a bit of sun. I’m wondering if keeping them out of the light might keep them looking fresher longer?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here is a pic of a clear G I’ve had for a couple of years next to some newer clear ones. It definitely will turn yellow over time but it never really bothered me because it doesn’t look dirty like some lighter colored resin does when it ages. I leave all of my watches on top of my dresser and my place gets quite a bit of sun. I’m wondering if keeping them out of the light might keep them looking fresher longer?
Thank you for the photo! Sorta sad to see the whole thing turns yellow... I will probably do more research on dyeing them in the future then. (Hoping black dye will hide most of the yellowing)

1021 - 1040 of 1094 Posts