WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1094 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just buy black parts.
^^this^^

Honestly, with the black innards it will be a lot less noticeable, especially on wrist (seeing skin instead of a bright white table through it). If you think the yellowing might bother you just swap it to black... or buy a black one to begin with.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Here is a pic of a clear G I’ve had for a couple of years next to some newer clear ones. It definitely will turn yellow over time but it never really bothered me because it doesn’t look dirty like some lighter colored resin does when it ages. I leave all of my watches on top of my dresser and my place gets quite a bit of sun. I’m wondering if keeping them out of the light might keep them looking fresher longer?

View attachment 15921063
I keep all of my jellys/transparents in a window-less watch box. Light/sun I think does promote yellowing. Maybe sweat too, idk.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here is a pic of a clear G I’ve had for a couple of years next to some newer clear ones. It definitely will turn yellow over time but it never really bothered me because it doesn’t look dirty like some lighter colored resin does when it ages. I leave all of my watches on top of my dresser and my place gets quite a bit of sun. I’m wondering if keeping them out of the light might keep them looking fresher longer?

View attachment 15921063
thanks for sharing, as per babyivan, in my (edit: limited!) experience, defo best to keep ‘em in dark when not in use.

·
Registered
173 Posts
£18

Just buy black parts.
^^this^^

Honestly, with the black innards it will be a lot less noticeable, especially on wrist (seeing skin instead of a bright white table through it). If you think the yellowing might bother you just swap it to black... or buy a black one to begin with.
Honestly, I impulse bought both Skeleton models BECAUSE of the transparent cases (I love the aesthetic). I also considered the Hidden Coast model for the transparent case as well. The solid cases currently don't interest me that much.

My plan to dye it is so they at least become "Smoked" Transparent. I don't want to go all the way to opaque :p

I got the idea from Gsyoku's video. The result looks pretty great (but I still prefer the original clear/white look).

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Got mine hidden coast today. Love it so far.
[/ATTACH type="full" alt="15933210"]15933210[/ATTACH][/ATTACH type="full" alt="15933211"]15933211[/ATTACH]
indeed.

Go ‘Canes?

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MiamiJAG and L&W

·
Registered
My only other watch is a G-Shock..
92 Posts
Wow, did you paint the indices yourself? o_O awesome job!
No Sir! Bought it custom—steel royal oak bezel on rubber straps with rainbow indices. Thanks anyway

*From my pictures isn’t it obvious imma LEFTIE?

Reactions: mougino
1041 - 1060 of 1094 Posts