1061 - 1080 of 1094 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just received my GA2100 SKE today~

I was really worried it would be too large for me, but ended up being ok. (Wrist shot of course makes it look larger, but there is still a fair bit of distance before lug overhang).

Next to my Speedy for size comparison (GA2100 is a bit larger). The DW5600 is slightly elevated so it looks bigger in the photo, but is actually the smallest of the 3.

Overall, I think the GA2100 is more comfortable than the DW5600, but the square feels more... "classic" Gshock / Casio.

PXL_20210611_214904167_small.jpg

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just received my GA2100 SKE today~

I was really worried it would be too large for me, but ended up being ok. (Wrist shot of course makes it look larger, but there is still a fair bit of distance before lug overhang).

Next to my Speedy for size comparison (GA2100 is a bit larger). The DW5600 is slightly elevated so it looks bigger in the photo, but is actually the smallest of the 3.

Overall, I think the GA2100 is more comfortable than the DW5600, but the square feels more... "classic" Gshock / Casio.

View attachment 15935730
Nice! For reference, how big is your wrist?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice! For reference, how big is your wrist?
Pretty much exactly 6" (fairly small!)

My wrist shape is... slightly? flat? It has a wider cross-section (not as round).

I can wear watches up to a lug width of about 50mm without overhang. (But prefer to stay at 48mm or below)

EDIT:
The GA2100 would definitely be 'oversized' for my personal tastes... if it wasn't a Gshock :p

Reactions: ohhenry1

·
Registered
My only other watch is a G-Shock..
92 Posts
Even if I was wealthy I wouldn't overpay by so much!

"A FOOL and his money are soon parted.."

Sorry AFAIK imma fool when it comes to G-Shocks (certain models only of course. Others I wouldn't even look at :poop::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

P.S Those models would be 6900s, 5600s and of course the Casioak (y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
My only other watch is a G-Shock..
92 Posts
"A FOOL and his money are soon parted.."

Sorry AFAIK imma fool when it comes to G-Shocks (certain models only of course. Others I wouldn't even look at :poop::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

P.S Those models would be 6900s, 5600s and of course the Casioak (y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well the GWG-1000 too (drool)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Swapped the tang buckle on both my Gshocks for Barton's 20mm buckles. The ~1mm extra length on the Barton buckles makes the Gshocks SOOOO much more comfortable for me.

Originally, one hole was ever so slightly too tight (but bearable), and one hole down was wayyy too loose. This buckle change allows it to be JUST RIGHT :]

PXL_20210612_023412821_small.jpg PXL_20210612_023423795_small.jpg

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,342 Posts
Swapped the tang buckle on both my Gshocks for Barton's 20mm buckles. The ~1mm extra length on the Barton buckles makes the Gshocks SOOOO much more comfortable for me.

Originally, one hole was ever so slightly too tight (but bearable), and one hole down was wayyy too loose. This buckle change allows it to be JUST RIGHT :]

View attachment 15936118 View attachment 15936119
That’s a nice mod. I have the clear ga-2100 and don’t like the buckle. I prefer the old kind of buckle on a square, not the GA-2100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
How's everyone GA-2100 hand pointing precision to the indices?

Even when i did the calibration at 0:00 hours mark, mine appears to be slightly pointing to the left of center (still within 12 marker). I thought if i move the hand once to the right so it should point mid, but then it will point slightly to the right side of 12 (still within 12 marker). It just won't point exactly mid. Therefore, the hand pointing precision to the other indices also slightly 'off' to the slight left.

This is my first and i wonder if is this normal for an entry level price point G-Shock?

Hope for advise from you owners, thanks :)

·
Registered
117 Posts

Even when i did the calibration at 0:00 hours mark, mine appears to be slightly pointing to the left (although stil pointing towards 12 marker). I thought if i move the hand once to the right so it should point mid, then it will point slightly to the right side of 12 (still within 12 marker). It just won't point exactly mid. Therefore, the hand pointing precision to the other indices also slightly 'off' to the slight left.

This is my first and i wonder if is this normal for an entry level price point G-Shock?

The minute hand on my GA2100 points slightly right of center. Since the hand updates every 20 seconds, I figured slightly-to-the-right made more sense than adjusting it to be slightly to the left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The minute hand on my GA2100 points slightly right of center. Since the hand updates every 20 seconds, I figured slightly-to-the-right made more sense than adjusting it to be slightly to the left.
If i calibrate the minute hand slight to the right, then the hour hand will not align with the minute hand, it points slight left by default and no way i can adjust the hour hand. *facepalm

So this is normal for most GA-2100? Or this is just my watch that the hand could not point exactly mid to the marker?

·
Registered
117 Posts
If i calibrate the minute hand slight to the right, then the hour hand will not align with the minute hand, it points slight left by default and no way i can adjust the hour hand. *facepalm

So this is normal for most GA-2100? Or this is just my watch that the hand could not point exactly mid to the marker?
I cannot get the hour and minute hands to line up exactly at 12:00, if that is what you are asking.

But, note that if the minute hand moves every 20 seconds, then a minute hand that hits mid to marker at 0 seconds will be 1/3 of a minute off at 19 seconds. I just assumed the Casio designers realized this and set the minute hand positions to 10, 30, and 50 second, splitting the difference.

If that's correct, then you should zero your minute hand position to 10 seconds, or slightly to the right, rather than to 50 seconds, or slightly to the left.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

Even when i did the calibration at 0:00 hours mark, mine appears to be slightly pointing to the left (although stil pointing towards 12 marker). I thought if i move the hand once to the right so it should point mid, then it will point slightly to the right side of 12 (still within 12 marker). It just won't point exactly mid. Therefore, the hand pointing precision to the other indices also slightly 'off' to the slight left.

I've never actually noticed on mine!

But then I just set the digital time and let the hands do their thing. You've made me want to check now 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cannot get the hour and minute hands to line up exactly at 12:00, if that is what you are asking.

But, note that if the minute hand moves every 20 seconds, then a minute hand that hits mid to marker at 0 seconds will be 1/3 of a minute off at 19 seconds. I just assumed the Casio designers realized this and set the minute hand positions to 10, 30, and 50 second, splitting the difference.

If that's correct, then you should zero your minute hand position to 10 seconds, or slightly to the right, rather than to 50 seconds, or slightly to the left.
Erm, i do not understand the second and third paragraph. I'm saying based on calibration at 0:00 (12:00) marks for both hand.

Appreciate your reply though :)

I've never actually noticed on mine!

But then I just set the digital time and let the hands do their thing. You've made me want to check now 😂
Haha i might be a bit OCD on this, but i really curious if that's normal for gshock analog. Perhaps report in if yours are the same.

P/S: found below discussion by doing some searches, so it seems this is a common issue.
GA-2100 minute hand inconsistently lining up

1061 - 1080 of 1094 Posts