Registered
535 Posts
Re: New G-Lide series look like G-7800

i am loving these new displays!

·
Registered
237 Posts

I would buy this; although probably not in those particular color options. It is hard to tell the color of the bezels, are they polished or dull ?

It is semi-smart; the watch can display more accurate/detailed stuff about tides, sunrise etc than the typical G-Lide. It receives this info from the smartphone app.

I would like to see this display in more G-Shocks. I don't care if they are smart, I think this display would be great even in non-connected watches. 1980s 7-segment displays have no place in $100 watches in 2020.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

I think they are priced too low for GPS/connected functions. Tide graph, moonphase, sunrise/sunset are great for the G-Lide lineup, but I think that's it.

Thank you for sharing, Piowa!

Reactions: memento_mori

·
Registered
661 Posts

I would buy this; although probably not in those particular color options. It is hard to tell the color of the bezels, are they polished or dull ?

It is semi-smart; the watch can display more accurate/detailed stuff about tides, sunrise etc than the typical G-Lide. It receives this info from the smartphone app.

I would like to see this display in more G-Shocks. I don't care if they are smart, I think this display would be great even in non-connected watches. 1980s 7-segment displays have no place in $100 watches in 2020.
The bezels kind of look like a glossy UD carbon fiber. But it's hard to say for sure as lighting can make such a big difference in how things look in photos.

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts

I like!

Is that a 5th light button on a square???

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts

The bezels kind of look like a glossy UD carbon fiber. But it's hard to say for sure as lighting can make such a big difference in how things look in photos.
I think it is brushed steel. Hopefully not 'faux' steel (like what they do on the vintage-style digital watches).

In any case I can not be sure. I will see if I can find for some more pictures.

·
Registered
563 Posts

looks like it is as big as the King with the 5th button

screen display is nice

but the price is not

·
Registered
8 Posts

It does say "Lap Pace" and "Lap Distance" on the model on the left hand side...GPS? Would be awesome...

·
Registered
36,279 Posts

Older G-7800 has adjustable display contrast

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

Those look awful nice!

Thank you for the heads up and posting them Piowa!! :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

I think they look pretty cool, but the devil is in the details.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

I’m intrigued. Hope they come out with a solar (and atomic!) one. The continually-recharging, set-and-forget thing is hard to move on from once you’ve gotten spoiled on it.

If I’m seeing it right, they have sort of faux distressed bezels. Might not be a bad look.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Does this mean a 1-second stopwatch again? I hope not.
I just looked closer at the photo and the left most watch confirms our darkest fears...

come on casio! give us milliseconds!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 309 Posts