WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

361 - 380 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Justification!!?!!? You do realize most of us have a dozen plus G-Shocks.... hard to justify just about anything on here

It would be hard to justify having another watch besides a 5610, imo.

Edit: congrats on the gbx, looks great!

"boys support boys"
Lol , you're quite right.

Maybe I should have said 'how do I justify it to the missus?'

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Damn bro, $348 on a $160 watch? They screwed you on the tax.

I thought it was because he bought two of them the Teal and the black and they only partially shipped one of them so this invoice just shows one of them shipped of course it showed the total he paid originally...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I thought it was because he bought two of them the Teal and the black and they only partially shipped one of them so this invoice just shows one of them shipped of course it showed the total he paid originally...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Haha, yes. Still waiting on the black. Reeds told me end of July.

"boys support boys"

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Probably should post this in “Custom Squares”.

Never really been a fan of straps (except the GW-5000) so here’s my GBX-100 on a V1 combi.

C0965C1D-9FA1-4DFF-B546-7635B3699367.jpeg

I think the texture on the strap is a match for the light button albeit on a smaller scale.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
(from manual - page 3 - indicators)
The Bluetooth icon is displayed without flashing when there is a connection to the phone.
The Bluetooth icon is displayed flashing at 1 second intervals when attempting to reconnect with phone after a loss of connection.
The Bluetooth icon is displayed flashing at 2 second intervals when not attempting to reconnect with phone after a loss of connection.

So I think, once the phone is paired it will always be one of the 3 above scenarios for the Bluetooth icon. I think the only way for it to disappear is to unpair.
It reverts to flashing at 2 second intervals very quickly after the app is killed. So I'll leave it like that today and see what happens.
It does reconnect very quickly when you restart the app though - but I'm not sure how Bluetooth works. Perhaps the watch is just 'listening' for the app to initiate contact rather than 'attempting to find the app' when it is flashing at 2 second intervals. Passive waiting.
man i searched the pdf for "bluetooth" and "symbol" which is typed after the bt symbol for all things bt related but some how missed that! haha

i read #3 as "connection lost, no longer attempting to connect" so its not even "listening" anymore. i also discovered something last night, after briefly exposing it to bt while my phone was near it, an hour or two later, i noticed the bt symbol was gone. it then went to sleep on my desk, few more hours later i woke it up when i bumped it and the bt symbol was back with a 2sec flash. so maybe it gives up after awhile, but retries after its been woken?

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Does anyone have a picture they can post of what the stainless steel inner bezel looks like when removed from the watch?
@FROG

I decided to get brave and go for it to be able to answer your query!

There are quite a few photos, and I also decided to whip the backplate off for a look as well.

1. The resin outer bezel comes of FAIRLY easily, because the buttons aren't round it takes a bit more effort. I used a flat baded screwdriver to get under it as it's pretty tight to the watch body.

2. Here's the inside of it:

3. Couple of shots of the watch with the steel section still in place. You can see that it has these small, shaped metal pieces to keep it in place once screwed in:

4. Metal pieces removed, they are just held in place by small sticky tape pieces:

5. Here they are, one each way around:

6. For those of you not familiar with G's that have a steel section to the bezel, always look out for this small spring in one corner. They connect the backplate to the bezel for anti static purposes. Make sure to keep the watch the right way up and it won't then fall out! :

7. Steel bezel off:

8. A good photo of where the spring sits and what it looks like:

9. Two photos of the steel bezel:

10. Backplate off and all main bits pictured together:

11. You can see that Casio have made these with a small cut out in the case so you can't go wrong with how to replace the o-ring:

12. There's a small tab on the o-ring to easily locate it in the case when putting it back in:

13. And finally a photo of the module in place, I didn't want to take it out. Vibration motor top centre:

A word of warning if anyone is taking off the resin section of bezel - They are a PITA to get back on because of the odd shaped buttons! I took a few minutes to do it because the buttons have to be the correct way up, basically make sure they are more towards the crystal than the caseback. They are not located centrally on the button stem, so sit either high or low depending how you turn them. Make sure the slight corner cut off on the buttons is facing towards the centre screw.

So it's now all back together and on my wrist!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
@FROG

I decided to get brave and go for it to be able to answer your query!

There are quite a few photos, and I also decided to whip the backplate off for a look as well.

1. The resin outer bezel comes of FAIRLY easily, because the buttons aren't round it takes a bit more effort. I used a flat baded screwdriver to get under it as it's pretty tight to the watch body.
View attachment 15360534
2. Here's the inside of it:
View attachment 15360536
3. Couple of shots of the watch with the steel section still in place. You can see that it has these small, shaped metal pieces to keep it in place once screwed in:
View attachment 15360537

View attachment 15360538
4. Metal pieces removed, they are just held in place by small sticky tape pieces:
View attachment 15360539
5. Here they are, one each way around:
View attachment 15360541
6. For those of you not familiar with G's that have a steel section to the bezel, always look out for this small spring in one corner. They connect the backplate to the bezel for anti static purposes. Make sure to keep the watch the right way up and it won't then fall out! :
View attachment 15360542
7. Steel bezel off:
View attachment 15360543
8. A good photo of where the spring sits and what it looks like:
View attachment 15360544
9. Two photos of the steel bezel:
View attachment 15360545

View attachment 15360546
10. Backplate off and all main bits pictured together:
View attachment 15360547
11. You can see that Casio have made these with a small cut out in the case so you can't go wrong with how to replace the o-ring:
View attachment 15360548
12. There's a small tab on the o-ring to easily locate it in the case when putting it back in:
View attachment 15360550
13. And finally a photo of the module in place, I didn't want to take it out. Vibration motor top centre:
View attachment 15360553

A word of warning if anyone is taking off the resin section of bezel - They are a PITA to get back on because of the odd shaped buttons! I took a few minutes to do it because the buttons have to be the correct way up, basically make sure they are more towards the crystal than the caseback. They are not located centrally on the button stem, so sit either high or low depending how you turn them. Make sure the slight corner cut off on the buttons is facing towards the centre screw.

So it's now all back together and on my wrist!

Cheers!
THIS is a quality post!

Thanks @sodamonkey !

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Thanks chaps

In reality though, I doubt there will be much chance to mod these in any way.

I can't see them being made into many different models for there to be any parts to swap.

The only thing to do at the moment is a strap change like @kenls did.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
@FROGI decided to get brave and go for it to be able to answer your query!
I wish I could give you a million likes. Thanks!!!

On another note, except for the pushers, the inner bezel and outer bezel, the GBX-100 really just looks like a normal square. Amazing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
man i searched the pdf for "bluetooth" and "symbol" which is typed after the bt symbol for all things bt related but some how missed that! haha

i read #3 as "connection lost, no longer attempting to connect" so its not even "listening" anymore. i also discovered something last night, after briefly exposing it to bt while my phone was near it, an hour or two later, i noticed the bt symbol was gone. it then went to sleep on my desk, few more hours later i woke it up when i bumped it and the bt symbol was back with a 2sec flash. so maybe it gives up after awhile, but retries after its been woken?
Yeah, I notice mine alternates between the 1 second flash and the 2 second flash every 5 or 10 minutes or so. It's not disappeared at all. So it appears to constantly look for the connection if its not in airplane mode. Only way to stop that seems to be unpairing (not good as it's treated as a new watch when you re - pair). I doubt the milliwatt bluetooth function uses much juice to be honest. vibration and light and beep and screen are likely much more.
I can see myself leaving BT on rather than airplane mode etc. At least then when I start the app it connects right away.

361 - 380 of 427 Posts