WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

381 - 400 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
If they centered the 1 the space between it and the : wouldn’t look right, so to maintain spacing (and keep it centered) everything would have to shift.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Looks like they don't center the one. By the way, now you ruined it for me.... I cannot unsee this

Edit: LCD screens don't do it either; they are all based off the number 8.
Sorry, I did not mean to. But there seems to be something different, something better with how the LCD displays this. The spacing just never works out to be this extreme. Maybe because the LCD font is thicker? Anyhow, this type of situation just looks better for me on the LCD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I figured out how to ”calibrate” the distance in the running mode. My recorded distance was very consistent but always about 10% less than reality. After adding 3 inches on my profile height the distance is almost exactly spot on. It took a little trial error but the watch is now calculating for a slightly longer stride length which puts it spot on. YMMV of course.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't know if it is already been discussed about; if not, I think this will wake up OCD's of many, IMHO :p
Look at the misalignement on the bezel's writings...

EDIT: same happens on the other side of the bezel!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I figured out how to ”calibrate” the distance in the running mode. My recorded distance was very consistent but always about 10% less than reality. After adding 3 inches on my profile height the distance is almost exactly spot on. It took a little trial error but the watch is now calculating for a slightly longer stride length which puts it spot on. YMMV of course.
Nice hack, bigdukesix! Probably one of the most important posts so far on this topic.

Reactions: kenls

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Don't know if it is already been discussed about; if not, I think this will wake up OCD's of many, IMHO :p
Look at the misalignement on the bezel's writings... View attachment 15365151
EDIT: same happens on the other side of the bezel!
hooray! new watch has arrived! time to break out the microscope and super macro photos!! :rolleyes: 😂

it looks maybe .5mm off and exaggerated by the camera angle. if youre worried about that then youd prob should focus more on those GIANT flakes of skin and dust all over it! 😱

·
Registered
273 Posts
hooray! new watch has arrived! time to break out the microscope and super macro photos!! :rolleyes: 😂

it looks maybe .5mm off and exaggerated by the camera angle. if youre worried about that then youd prob should focus more on those GIANT flakes of skin and dust all over it! 😱
As I said in my previous post...that "issue" don't bother me at all😅. I thought that this could be helpful/informative to someone, I mean: Why not to share this? 😂

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
What is it about this watch?!

I had every intention of wearing one of my other G’s today, however, when I reached out to the watch box this morning, the GBX-100 was the one that I slapped on my wrist.

It can’t be relied on it to count my steps accurately (it nearly doubles the count of that shown on my Garmin).
The tide graph for me is about 1/2hr -1hr off (I’m no sailor (anymore) or surfer).
I don’t run or workout, (too much like hard work).

Anyway, back to my original question, What is it about this watch?! For me, its just so legible.

·
Registered
273 Posts

I had every intention of wearing one of my other G’s today, however, when I reached out to the watch box this morning, the GBX-100 was the one that I slapped on my wrist.

It can’t be relied on it to count my steps accurately (it nearly doubles the count of that shown on my Garmin).
The tide graph for me is about 1/2hr -1hr off (I’m no sailor (anymore) or surfer).

Anyway, back to my original question, What is it about this watch?! For me, its just so legible.
Hi kenls, yeah...I found the step counter so unreliable too (double checked with huawei band and amazfit gts).
But my only "serious" complaint on this watch is the lack of hourly beep-beep, I hope they'll add this feature soon!
And, if I correctly interpreted your question, IMHO it's all about the fresh/new sensation that the MIP LCD gives to a rather entry/mid level GS: in a comparison between this and a classic GW-M5610 the GBX-100 feels much more premium to me. Also, the SS bezel is really a sharp feature!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Hi kenls, yeah...I found the step counter so unreliable too (double checked with huawei band and amazfit gts).
But my only "serious" complaint on this watch is the lack of hourly beep-beep, I hope they'll add this feature soon!
And, if I correctly interpreted your question, IMHO it's all about the fresh/new sensation that the MIP LCD gives to a rather entry/mid level GS: in a comparison between this and a classic GW-M5610 the GBX-100 feels much more premium to me. Also, the SS bezel is really a sharp feature!
I can live without (and do) any BEEP at all. I thought I liked negative displays before, and even thought I loved my hydro’d negatives, but, this one is streets ahead. And no, I have no plans to hydro the GBX. (Just yet anyway)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I totally agree. It's a fresh, new square G that looks different to previous others and that for me is what gives this watch it's unique appeal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts

Mine went back on today as well

The whole tide thing is odd. I don't need any tide info at all for anything, but I've been comparing the local, (Portsmouth), tide times on the web to what the Move App/watch says.

Sometimes the app is only 10-20 minutes out, others it's a whole hour or so!! I don't understand that.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
My step counter is always within 1-2 percent of what my Google fit says. I walk about 15-20000 steps per day most days. It's always within 100-200 steps. I've been really surprised as I expected it to be way off.
The tides seem to be 30 minutes off some days, other days they are within a minute. I can live with that. I only use it to know when the tide is high for swimming at a local pier.
I love the watch. Very comfortable. Very nice shape and display to look at.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re tides....is it possible to set your longitude/latitude and lunitidal interval manually?--by which I mean avoiding the app?

That should give accurate data.

Accurate tide info is crucial for me, so if it's proving unreliable it'll be a deal-breaker.

Casio sell watches for £20 with reliable tide function so it'll be irksome if this watch is too clever for it's own good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can set the latitude longitude and the time of high tide. It calculates everything from those inputs.
Just checked mine now against a tide app. The next low tide is 7 minutes off and the next high tide is 20 minutes off.
In saying that, I've checked various tide sites in the internet for a week known city near me and they are not all the same. Some are off slightly also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can set the latitude longitude and the time of high tide. It calculates everything from those inputs.
Just checked mine now against a tide app. The next low tide is 7 minutes off and the next high tide is 20 minutes off.
In saying that, I've checked various tide sites in the internet for a week known city near me and they are not all the same. Some are off slightly also.
Thanks for this. Can you input that info without utilising the app? If so, is tide height info still showing?

381 - 400 of 427 Posts