WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

401 - 420 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tide height does not show for custom locations you at yourself. I cannot see it can be configured. It only shows for the 3300 preset locations in the app.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sweet and thanks for the link! I didn't have the 4 digit code and the model number failed.
For any watch you are interested in, if you use the casio international page, you'll get a direct link to its manual. Example for this very same watch:
If you click in the blue button Operation Guide, it will bring you there.

You can see in the url of the "Operation Guide" button the module number, as well as in the landing page

·
Registered
10 Posts
GBX-100-7ER In stock on G Shock UK

Got one ordered

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
... and sent mine back to Casio. I haven't been able to fully embrace the look (shiny bezel) and the technology after one week of use. I love G-shocks for how simple they are and I didn't click with this one. The fact that basic functions like stopwatch and timer are impossible to set easily sealed its sort for me. I don't understand how Casio sacrificed such basic features of G-shock for unsatisfactory running programs. Seriously, whose enthusiast will use this watch for logging runs ? It would have been a perfect summer watch with just G-Lide features and timer to boil eggs on morning ;)

Unfortunately, despite its qualities (screen technology and screen layouts), i'm not sure this watch will fully convince anyone : too smart and phone dependent for core g-shock users, too cumbersome to use for those who wants a sport/smart watch. Still, I like the smart approach of Casio but this one wasn't for me !

Will follow this threads because it's obviously the future of G-Shock tho !

Enjoy your new watch guys !

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Lightning quick delivery as usual from G Shock UK, arrived today

I'm liking this more than the black, but then this is the version I first fancied anyway. I like the contrasting colours more, with the white light button, black buckle and keeper and the blue G-Lide logo to match the blue Start lettering on the watch.

The MIP display seems to go with the white resins better than how it looks on the black version too.

So flipping the black it will be.

These really are nice looking watches, I can't get over how much I like them! Hopefully more along the same sort of lines in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,150 Posts

I'm liking this more than the black, but then this is the version I first fancied anyway. I like the contrasting colours more, with the white light button, black buckle and keeper and the blue G-Lide logo to match the blue Start lettering on the watch.

The MIP display seems to go with the white resins better than how it looks on the black version too.

These really are nice looking watches, I can't get over how much I like them! Hopefully more along the same sort of lines in the future.

Great looking G-LIDE @sodamonkey, I have to admit the contrast does look great. (Maybe if I could get a V1 Combi in white :unsure:).

Wear it in good health buddy. Oh, and I don’t think you’ll have much trouble flipping the black version. (y)

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Great looking G-LIDE @sodamonkey, I have to admit the contrast does look great. (Maybe if I could get a V1 Combi in white :unsure:).

Wear it in good health buddy. Oh, and I don’t think you’ll have much trouble flipping the black version. (y)
Cheers Ken,

I agree with your flipping comment

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

Awesome!

"boys support boys"

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Just a quick update on the tide times on the preset ports on the Move App.

The Android app had an update a few days ago for "bug fixes and performance".

I don't need the tide times but have been checking them for 3 days now due to a lot of you guys pointing out how wrong they were in the app compared to official times.

Well they're still wrong, (at least for my local port that I've set in the app), but "only" by roughly ½ an hour for all high and low tides.

Before they were anything from 20 mins to a whole hour out.

They at least seem a regular amount of time out now?

Has anyone else been keeping an eye since they updated their app?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Just a quick update on the tide times on the preset ports on the Move App.

The Android app had an update a few days ago for "bug fixes and performance".

I don't need the tide times but have been checking them for 3 days now due to a lot of you guys pointing out how wrong they were in the app compared to official times.

Well they're still wrong, (at least for my local port that I've set in the app), but "only" by roughly ½ an hour for all high and low tides.

Before they were anything from 20 mins to a whole hour out.

They at least seem a regular amount of time out now?

Has anyone else been keeping an eye since they updated their app?

I noticed that too @sodamonkey, consistently out by a “regular” amount.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Reed's Jewelers is overnighting it (black one) to me via UPS, at no charge.

Great customer service through and through!

Apparently, there's a group of us waiting on the same watch. She told me she was returning phone calls all morning regarding the GBX, HAHA!

"boys support boys"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hardware is nice, unfortunately, it fails miserably in its execution.
  1. Tide times are consistently way off for many ports. The phone GShock Move App (v 1.6.0 android as I write this is abysmal) is not accounting for daylight savings time when it sends tide information to the watch, combine this with the inherit inaccuracy of approximated tide times and it can easily be off on tides by +-two hours. The manual says “Displayed information is intended for reference only. Do not use it for maritime navigation, etc.”, but if this is going to be marketed as Tide watch it has to be accurate to within +-20 minutes to be useful. More than an hour and it is useless.
  2. GShock support advised to enter the port information and high tide times manually on the watch, not the app. This is ridiculous because that is why we have a connected watch, but even if you do this you lose the tide amplitude information that is provided by the Move app, and the still the predictions are still often off by too much time.
  3. You cannot adjust the tide screen to see a tide in the future, for example, 'tomorrow's tide'.
  4. The GShock Move app has UI errors where it doesn't update the port name in the app until you send it to the watch twice.
  5. In bright sunlight the screen is amazingly bright and beautiful, but in low light it is often not easy to read. Too often the font size Casio chose is just too small.
  6. The step counter is nice and appears accurate, but again the software folks messed this up. On the screen that you use to track your daily steps, arguably the screen you will want to be on if you are interested your daily steps, the current step count is in a font size that you have to strain to read in many conditions. That screen shows your step progress toward you goals for the entire week, which takes so much screen real estate that there is not enough space for the most important number you want to see--your current steps. They should have a separate screen that shows current steps in a bigger font and drop all of the previous day information.
The GBX100 hardware is quite nice IMO, but they really need to look at how they test this with actual users. So much of this was avoidable.

401 - 420 of 427 Posts