WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

421 - 440 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hardware is nice, unfortunately, it fails miserably in its execution.
  1. Tide times are consistently way off for many ports. The phone GShock Move App (v 1.6.0 android as I write this is abysmal) is not accounting for daylight savings time when it sends tide information to the watch, combine this with the inherit inaccuracy of approximated tide times and it can easily be off on tides by +-two hours. The manual says “Displayed information is intended for reference only. Do not use it for maritime navigation, etc.”, but if this is going to be marketed as Tide watch it has to be accurate to within +-20 minutes to be useful. More than an hour and it is useless.
  2. GShock support advised to enter the port information and high tide times manually on the watch, not the app. This is ridiculous because that is why we have a connected watch, but even if you do this you lose the tide amplitude information that is provided by the Move app, and the still the predictions are still often off by too much time.
  3. You cannot adjust the tide screen to see a tide in the future, for example, 'tomorrow's tide'.
  4. The GShock Move app has UI errors where it doesn't update the port name in the app until you send it to the watch twice.
  5. In bright sunlight the screen is amazingly bright and beautiful, but in low light it is often not easy to read. Too often the font size Casio chose is just too small.
  6. The step counter is nice and appears accurate, but again the software folks messed this up. On the screen that you use to track your daily steps, arguably the screen you will want to be on if you are interested your daily steps, the current step count is in a font size that you have to strain to read in many conditions. That screen shows your step progress toward you goals for the entire week, which takes so much screen real estate that there is not enough space for the most important number you want to see--your current steps. They should have a separate screen that shows current steps in a bigger font and drop all of the previous day information.
The GBX100 hardware is quite nice IMO, but they really need to look at how they test this with actual users. So much of this was avoidable.
agree, I received mine today and to say very disappointed is an understatement. I bought it mainly for tide info and it is way off. Step counter is horribly inaccurate, I will try to get a refund

·
Registered
6,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Technically I'd say yes.

But I think it will be a very tight fit.

I tried to put the NATO adapters on there but not enough slack to squeeze in the pins.

If you ever managed to get it together I'd worry you'd never get it apart without breaking, bending or cutting something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Technically I'd say yes.

But I think it will be a very tight fit.

I tried to put the NATO adapters on there but not enough slack to squeeze in the pins.

If you ever managed to get it together I'd worry you'd never get it apart without breaking, bending or cutting something.
Thank you. So what is the alternative I have, for better fitting? Dw5600 normal strap also will be tight fitting?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I have a v1 combi on mine. See post #325 in this thread. The only “issue” I found , was that the spring bars from the GBX-100 were a tight fit in the bracelet.

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hardware is nice, unfortunately, it fails miserably in its execution.
  1. Tide times are consistently way off for many ports. The phone GShock Move App (v 1.6.0 android as I write this is abysmal) is not accounting for daylight savings time when it sends tide information to the watch, combine this with the inherit inaccuracy of approximated tide times and it can easily be off on tides by +-two hours. The manual says “Displayed information is intended for reference only. Do not use it for maritime navigation, etc.”, but if this is going to be marketed as Tide watch it has to be accurate to within +-20 minutes to be useful. More than an hour and it is useless.
  2. GShock support advised to enter the port information and high tide times manually on the watch, not the app. This is ridiculous because that is why we have a connected watch, but even if you do this you lose the tide amplitude information that is provided by the Move app, and the still the predictions are still often off by too much time.
  3. You cannot adjust the tide screen to see a tide in the future, for example, 'tomorrow's tide'.
  4. The GShock Move app has UI errors where it doesn't update the port name in the app until you send it to the watch twice.
  5. In bright sunlight the screen is amazingly bright and beautiful, but in low light it is often not easy to read. Too often the font size Casio chose is just too small.
  6. The step counter is nice and appears accurate, but again the software folks messed this up. On the screen that you use to track your daily steps, arguably the screen you will want to be on if you are interested your daily steps, the current step count is in a font size that you have to strain to read in many conditions. That screen shows your step progress toward you goals for the entire week, which takes so much screen real estate that there is not enough space for the most important number you want to see--your current steps. They should have a separate screen that shows current steps in a bigger font and drop all of the previous day information.
The GBX100 hardware is quite nice IMO, but they really need to look at how they test this with actual users. So much of this was avoidable.

Totally agreed with this.

When i set a personalized tide, there's a problem with DST, for sample i set "13H30", time sent to watch is "14h30".
Then, time is not ok. 1 hour too late.
I need to send "12h30" to have "13h30" in watch displayed time, which is finally false too.

421 - 440 of 477 Posts