WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

441 - 460 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
It's been a while since I've had a white g-shock, has anyone had any discoloring of the white straps?
its white, of course its going to show dirt more than a dark colour, just the same as it would on a white shirt or shoes. that said, if it has a gloss or satin finish it will stand up to wear a bit more that a standard matte resin. ive yet to see one in the flesh but there have been Glides in the past that point to the former.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
its white, of course its going to show dirt more than a dark colour, just the same as it would on a white shirt or shoes. that said, if it has a gloss or satin finish it will stand up to wear a bit more that a standard matte resin. ive yet to see one in the flesh but there have been Glides in the past that point to the former.
According to this gshock highfashion video, the white strap has a matte finish. He discusses it at about the 5:30 point in the video.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Recently received a GBX-100-1. It is my only digital watch and while I bought it for its general set of features, it was primarily because of the looks of the screen and bezel, and how they complimented each other.

It is motivating me to learn more about the tides. I stumbled upon this video from Tom Scott that was an interesting discussion of sea level:
When then lead me to the NASA website he referenced and then later over to the website:
A Global Ocean Tide Model From TOPEX/POSEIDON Altimetry: GOT99.2, where the PDF linked on that webpage gives a lot more details than I care to read. This wikipedia page is much more readable about the effort to map the topology and tides: TOPEX/Poseidon - Wikipedia
glide-gbx-100-1-0831.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
It’s getting a little chilly where I am and I had to put a jacket on this morning. I instantly realized this isn’t going to be a Fall/Winter watch for me. It’s just too bulky under a jacket sleeve. I’ll continue to wear it when I go for a run but, unfortunately, it’s not going to see a lot of use until next Spring. I really hope Casio puts this display technology into some smaller watches!

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Rolex Submariner 116610LN. Citizen Super Titanium CA0021-53E
1,901 Posts
How is the band/strap of this model? Based on the videos I've watched on Youtube, it's got a rubbery/elastic softness so I presume it's at least as comfy as the GW-5000.

Can any owners here chime in and tell me how comfy the strap/band is on the wrist?

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
How is the band/strap of this model? Based on the videos I've watched on Youtube, it's got a rubbery/elastic softness so I presume it's at least as comfy as the GW-5000.

Can any owners here chime in and tell me how comfy the strap/band is on the wrist?
The strap is indeed very soft and flexible, lightweight too!

The one thing that I personally don't like is that for whatever reason, Casio decided to leave approx 25mm, (just measured), of bare strap after the last holes.

The keeper "locks" into the holes with little lugs and when you leave it on those last holes, you get 20mm of strap hanging out!

Luckily the keeper does stay ok if you move it to the end of the strap.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
The strap is indeed very soft and flexible, lightweight too!

The one thing that I personally don't like is that for whatever reason, Casio decided to leave approx 25mm, (just measured), of bare strap after the last holes.

The keeper "locks" into the holes with little lugs and when you leave it on those last holes, you get 20mm of strap hanging out!

Luckily the keeper does stay ok if you move it to the end of the strap.

I wonder if that was intentional, to allow of the keeper to be worn "locked" or "unlocked". I mainly wear mine with the keeper at the tip so that it is easy to remove the watch. A squeeze of the keeper will help disengage the keeper when it is locked in, but I sometimes struggle with it so much that I think the strap or the spring bars will have a shortened life. I like the locking feature for swimming, but not for everyday wear.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
I wonder if that was intentional, to allow of the keeper to be worn "locked" or "unlocked". I mainly wear mine with the keeper at the tip so that it is easy to remove the watch. A squeeze of the keeper will help disengage the keeper when it is locked in, but I sometimes struggle with it so much that I think the strap or the spring bars will have a shortened life. I like the locking feature for swimming, but not for everyday wear.
Not sure TBH.

Either way, I like the locking feature, but I can't get on with any long length of strap at the end, it just annoys me

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
So, this has been the first G-Shock I have been interested in, primarily for the clear display, good night lighting and the tide chart sunset and moon phases - for fishing.

But apparently, the tide functions don’t actually work?!? Is this still the case? What a waste if they have not gotten the app updated to display accurate data. Not going to spend $100 + on a G just because it is good looking and has a nice display.

Really flummoxed here. I thought Casio had its act together. I’ve not followed G-Shock developments, but presume this is out of the ordinary and quite a debacle.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If “unlocked”, wouldn’t the protrusion inside the keeper stick out and make keeper unable to stay flat? You know the part that would slot into the holes otherwise?

441 - 460 of 477 Posts