WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Fast scroll might be another limitation due to the new display refresh rate not high enough? Similar to stopwatch without 1/100th seconds.
Probably, but it's still annoying. Not everyone wants to use the app all the time to make settings changes.

But if they sell well, and they seem to be doing so, I guess Casio has no motivation to fix any of the limitations.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Probably, but it's still annoying. Not everyone wants to use the app all the time to make settings changes.

But if they sell well, and they seem to be doing so, I guess Casio has no motivation to fix any of the limitations.
Is Garmin’s display of same technology? They seem to be sharp and have 1/100th stopwatch.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Is Garmin’s display of same technology? They seem to be sharp and have 1/100th stopwatch.
I believe it is the same or very similar, at least on the Instinct and Instinct Solar, according to some posts by others who seem to know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fast scroll might be another limitation due to the new display refresh rate not high enough? Similar to stopwatch without 1/100th seconds.
Dont think soo. Garmin have same displays and they can do so. It dosent have to scroll faster.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Dont think soo. Garmin have same displays and they can do so. It dosent have to scroll faster.
Ah. Someone in the forum mentioned before that the reason GBX-100 stopwatch doesn’t have 1/100th second is because the new MIP display refresh rate is not fast enough. I don’t know the technology but am always curious on why other watches with similar display (at least looks similar to me) have no such issue, such as Garmin.

So if the claimed reason is false, maybe it’s simply because of a bad design on Casio’s part.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
If “unlocked”, wouldn’t the protrusion inside the keeper stick out and make keeper unable to stay flat? You know the part that would slot into the holes otherwise?
It does, but it's hardly noticeable, and actually manages to stay in place 99% of the time.

It moves slightly every now and again like "normal" G-Shock keepers do, but not so much to be annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well, the GBX-100 has to last 2 years on a 235mAh CR2032, or 117.5mAh/year, or 0.32mAh/day, which means an average of .013mA (13uA) draw continuous.

I'm not saying that's why the GBX-100 has so many compromises (there are quite a few UI quirks with the watch that really have nothing to do with power - at least on the surface of it) but that's not to say that some of the peculiar limitations of the watch aren't necessarily related to power utilization.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
According to this video, the GBX-100-2 (teal) has already been discontinued. See the 10:30 point in the video.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
According to this video, the GBX-100-2 (teal) has already been discontinued. See the 10:30 point in the video.

Wow, I’m kind of surprised by that. Well, glad I picked up the teal then.

Reactions: FROG

·
Registered
241 Posts
If “unlocked”, wouldn’t the protrusion inside the keeper stick out and make keeper unable to stay flat? You know the part that would slot into the holes otherwise?
I am slow to respond, but I agree with @sodamonkey, that wearing the keeper near the tip of the strap to keep it "unlocked" is barely noticeable in how it looks and feels on the wrist. Either locked or unlocked is about the same. I normally wear the strap fastened on the 7th strap hole, so an unlocked keeper ends up on the outer side of the wrist, just as it curves upward, so it ends up in a good spot to nestle into the wrist and not to interfere with anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everyone. I bought it on ebay for $ 155, including the Black Friday coupon. I was ready to put up with all the shortcomings, but not with a weak vibration. It's almost gone. It is strange that in the last version (gb5600, gb6900) with vibra everything was fine. Who knows how to make the vibration last longer? ( I tried using the gadgedbridge 0.51.0 app, where you can add a repeat vibration to an incoming call, but this is not enough)

461 - 477 of 477 Posts