Just rumors...

GBX-100, May 2020, price 24900 yen

Smart functions?
GPS?

Cheers, Piowa

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: New G-Lide series look like G-7800

I would buy this; although probably not in those particular color options. It is hard to tell the color of the bezels, are they polished or dull ?

It is semi-smart; the watch can display more accurate/detailed stuff about tides, sunrise etc than the typical G-Lide. It receives this info from the smartphone app.

I would like to see this display in more G-Shocks. I don't care if they are smart, I think this display would be great even in non-connected watches. 1980s 7-segment displays have no place in $100 watches in 2020.

#6 ·

I would buy this; although probably not in those particular color options. It is hard to tell the color of the bezels, are they polished or dull ?

It is semi-smart; the watch can display more accurate/detailed stuff about tides, sunrise etc than the typical G-Lide. It receives this info from the smartphone app.

I would like to see this display in more G-Shocks. I don't care if they are smart, I think this display would be great even in non-connected watches. 1980s 7-segment displays have no place in $100 watches in 2020.
The bezels kind of look like a glossy UD carbon fiber. But it's hard to say for sure as lighting can make such a big difference in how things look in photos.

#16 ·

Older G-7800 has adjustable display contrast

#19 ·

I'm intrigued. Hope they come out with a solar (and atomic!) one. The continually-recharging, set-and-forget thing is hard to move on from once you've gotten spoiled on it. [emoji38]

If I'm seeing it right, they have sort of faux distressed bezels. Might not be a bad look.

#28 · (Edited)

I also like a lot the way these look.

Question, what's memory in pixel (MIP) LCD display?
I think it is like an ebook display where it doesn't consume power when the display is static (and only uses power for the pixels that change). This is what Kyocera says (not sure who manufactures the ones for G-Shock but I'm pretty sure this info also applies):

"With a randomly accessed stored bit per pixel cell structure, you address pixels individually, refreshing only those pixels which need to be changed thereby reducing power requirements.

The extremely low power LCD cell structure design makes these displays excellent candidates for battery powered applications, such as wearable medical devices, wearable sports gear, Internet-of-Things products and other portable applications."

#26 ·

Gah, just when I thought I'd take it easy this year. I love the new display type on these. Same as the GPR b1000 Rangebeast which boasts a very legible negative display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: buddhashenglong
#57 ·
#38 ·

This is ticking pretty much all my boxes:

moon
tides
sunrise/set
tough
front light button
non-solar
vibe alarm

The only thing I need detail on is to what extent it needs to ever be connected to a smartphone. If you only have to do it once, to get the moon/tide/sunset stuff accurately set up then fine. If it's daily or weekly, I'm out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.